Chapter 11: 'Get Used To It' He Say's

Taylor's POV:

It's been three days that I've been stuck in this house. I'm going crazy! I need a run or something! Nick brought Luna to me, so I've had her to keep me busy. I've also been calling in sick for work, but they will eventually know something is up. None of the people here work; I don't really talk to them though. I don't know why, but everyone just seems down for some reason. I feel need to ask Nick about that, but then again, it may not be any of my business. But, my curiosity says otherwise.

"Hey," Nick say's, walking in my room.

"Gee, Nick. Thanks for knocking," I reply.

He walks back out of the door, shuts it, knocks, then walks back in. I chuckle at this as he sits on my bed.

"How you feeling?" He asks.

"Good. I haven't had any pain lately... Hey, can I ask you something?" I ask.

"What is it?"

"Why does everyone seem so down? Even you do at times," I hate to say it, but he does.

"Oh," He say's looking down.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I state so he knows I'm not demanding to know.

"Remember that explosion at my house?" He asks. I nod my head, "I found the C-4 six seconds before it went off, so most of us made it out. But... My brother, he... didn't make it out,"

I didn't know he had a brother, wait a minute!

"That doesn't make sense," I state.

"And why is that?"

"I was called to the scene. After they got the fire out, the ashes were searched. There was no body, no DNA, no nothing," I say looking at him.

He just stares at me.

"I didn't see him..."

"The explosion could have possibly knocked him unconscious if he wasn't far enough,"

He jumps up and runs into the living room like Luna was chasing him. I walk in and hear him barking orders at his friends to go look for Brad, I guess that's his brother. He walks back in and hugs me tight. At least I gave him some hope.

"Thank you," He mutters.

I just smile at him. "Is it okay if I go for a run? Staying here is killing me,"

"That's fine, but I should go with you," He say's. 'I want to be alone' I think to myself, but don't speak my thoughts.

"I'll be fine, go look for your brother," I say.

He looks hesitant, but agrees.

"I'll be back soon," He say's. After we say our goodbyes, I change into a running top with shorts and blue shoes. Sandy had to lend me some clothes for the time being. I walk out of the back door and see a trail leading into the forest. Before I left, I made sure to take Nick's iPod for music. I put my headphones in and start running. I jogged about a mile and it's 3 o'clock, so I start heading back since it will take another mile. I see a stream off trail and decide to go look. I dip my hand into the water and run it across the back of my neck.

I stand up and look around, this would be a nice spot if it wasn't far away. I suddenly lurch over when a very familiar pain erupts in my stomach.No, not here! I'm too far from the house! I put my headphones out and put my, well Nick's, iPod in my pocket. The pain gets worse and I start to panic.

Maybe if I yell Nick's name enough, he will come. Werewolves have good hearing, right?

"Nick!" I yell.

The pain is now worth crying over.

"Nick!"... no answer.

"Dominic!"

Tears start to run down my face as I sit on the ground, on my knees, holding my stomach. I would try to run back, but I can barely stand.

"Dominic!" My voice cracks at the end.

I suddenly hear rustling in the tree's and two Wolves come out... but they're not Dominic. Their vibe is threatening. The thought of Rouges comes to mind because of what Nick told me about them.

They both shift into men. They look to be in their twenties. One has black hair, while the other has brown; both very tall and big in structure.

"Looks like the Alpha left his poor Luna alone," The black haired man say's.

"I hear Aiden's looking for her," The brunette comments.

Now I'm scared.

"Dominic!" I yell one more time, before the black haired one starts stalking towards me. I push myself against a tree. "Please," I beg, lifting my hand as if it would keep him away from me.

I'm not the person to beg, I fight. But I have no options right now. It feels like someone just kicked me in the stomach with a pair of boots. Repetitively. I let out a scream of surprise when, suddenly, a white Wolf tackles the brunette, followed by a brown Wolf attacking the man with black hair. I force myself to look away from the bloody massacre. I yell out again, this time from pain, when the stabbing sensation goes from my stomach, to all over my body. Dominic runs up to me and pulls me in his lap.

"Calm down Baby, you're shifting, it's gonna be okay," He say's. I remember him telling me that when Mates are together, it can help relieve physical and emotional pain... butwere not Mates.

All thoughts leave when suddenly, black spots cloud my vision until I'm completely out from the pain.

-----

When I awake, Nick has his hand draped over my side and we're both laying on the ground. I look and see the guys, and one girl which would be Sandy, with us. I take in a deep breath, but there's so many scents coming through, causing me to cough, but it doesn't sound normal. The scents are overwhelming. I try to stand, but fall, waking Dominic. He sits up and looks at me with fascination.

"Hey Baby Girl, you look beautiful," He says, staring down at me. Huh? I try to figure out what he's talking about until I look down and see I'm a Wolf... I'm a Wolf! I try to stand, but only to fall again and huff in frustration.

"You've got to get used to it," He say's smiling. My leg's feel funny! I can't seem to manage the coordination it takes to use all four of them. 'Get used to it' he say's!