~Chapter Twenty-Six~

Music video a bit of Kali's thoughts on her past

Chapter Twenty-Six

Hunter:

I held her as if my life depended on it. She was back, she hadn’t left me. The thought that she had, left my soul empty and broken a feeling of cold nothingness consuming me.

But she was back and I focused on that one lone fact. Knowing her existence alone was why I woke up every morning.

I didn’t know what came over me in the first place. Rejecting her from the very beginning. I was a stupid teenager more obsessed with being laid then being loved. I was an idiot for not seeing the raw beauty and power of my mate. I let hormones control my decision and peer pressure. Kali never did anything for me to hate her in the first place. Her parent’s death wasn’t her fault; she was young and had no training. I was clouded by others people opinions. That made me a bad Alpha but I will make up for it every day for the rest of our lives.

~~

Kali pulled away and my wolf whimpered at her, but her smile soon replaced any loneliness I might have felt. She had returned, that’s all that mattered.

“One day at a time” she whispered. She’d found a way to start eating regularly again. She’d lost weight I could tell but I was going to help her every step of the way.

We headed inside and one of the pack members had just finished cooking dinner. I saw Kali cringe but I placed my hand in hers and gave her an encouraging smile. She gave me a small one in return.

We sat at the table and slowly I watched Kali pick up her fork and put a small bite in her mouth. Please don’t gag, please don’t gag. I chanted this over and over in my head.

She forced herself to swallow. That’s my girl. I beamed at her and kissed her neck causing her to shiver. I chuckled and nibbled at her skin this time. I glanced at her and her blush was evident on her face. I was happy I had that sort of power over her.

Kali:

I finished the meal one agonising bite at a time. It was progress.

 Hunter and Jake were proud of me. I was pretty proud of me too. Things would get better but I had a sick feeling of dread at the pit of my stomach at the nightmares that awaited me when I slept tonight. Not even Hunter could keep those away.

~~

I tried to avoid going to bed for as long as possible but when Hunter slung me over his shoulder I knew fighting was futile.

Hunter dropped me onto the bed with a cocky grin. I smirked up at him.

“Well Mr Alpha now you have me, what are you gonna do with me?” I could see all the ideas flashing in his eyes as I completed that sentence. Mini Hunter thought of a few things also.

“Oh the possibilities Ms Luna” he addressed me with my werewolf title. I was the Alpha female of the pack making my title Luna.

“Shall we keep it PG rated Alpha?” I grinned at him knowing how excited he and his wolf were.

He shook his head “not a chance.”

He laid his body on mine, hovering protectively making sure not to crush me with his weight. Our lips connected as our souls did. My emotions went crazy as my Mate covered me in his love. I needed more. I tugged his shirt over his head and he grinned at my eagerness.

“What happened to PG rated?” he murmured while he kissed my neck, his breath fanning across me. I couldn’t stop the shiver of desire. My top fell to the floor.