~Chapter Six~

Chapter 6:

Kali:

I screamed an animal scream. My arms stretched through the bars and my fingers reached out to him trying to claw at him and mark his pretty little face. I threw myself at the iron bars continuously, knowing he could feel all the pain I felt. He pushed himself as far from me as he could, till he was pressed against the wall. I cried in fury. I wanted to rip him to shreds, my wolf wanted to rip him to shreds. I hated him!

Hunter:

Josh and I just stood there in my office for who knows how long. I knew he couldn’t get his head around his sister being this vicious.

Once Mick had left the room, he finally spoke.

“That really can’t be Kali,” he said looking at me with eyes that said “please tell me it isn’t true”.

Unfortunately I couldn’t lie to my best friend and just put my hand on his shoulder. “Sorry, dude.”

“Is it true?” he asked.

“Is what true?”

“That you’re her Mate?” he asked.

I didn’t want to lie to him but I found it hard to speak. There was like something stuck in my throat. How could I tell him that yes, his sister was my mate, and that I rejected her.

“Yes,” was all I could manage.

He dragged his fingers down his face and breathed loudly. He sounded exhausted. He probably was; he was the one that dragged her in.

I told him to go have a rest, and I’ll talk to him later. Then, I went to faced her.

Her windows were barred and her door was an old jail cell door. She was on her bed just staring at the ceiling. I stood far from her door, not trying to provoke her. God, it makes her sound like some kind of wild animal.

 She must have sensed me because she sat up and looked at me then at her ankle. She shook her ankle, and I heard it rattle which drew my eyes to it.

 “Kinky,” she said.

I felt my lips twitch with a hint of a smile.

“Can’t believe you have me windows this time, what happened? My old room taken?” she said with a smirk.

This hurt and I clenched my fists. I watched here saunter over to the door, both her hands wrapping around a bar each, her chain scraping behind her.

 Then she leant forward. “Kill me, Hunter,” she said.

 That snapped me out of it.

“What?” I asked my voice full of shock.

“Kill me. You hunted me down to kill me, so why am I not dead yet?” she questioned, her eyes narrowing on me like I was her prey.

“No,” was all I said. I couldn’t even comprehend killing her, and I felt my wolf growl at her for the thought.

Her nostrils flared “Why not? Because I’m your mate? Because I’m a girl? None of that went through my mind as I slaughtered your pack one by one,” she hissed.

I winced.

“Come on, Hunter! It didn’t bother you before! Every time you hurt me, did you ever feel an ounce of regret? Did you?” She screamed.