~Chapter Twenty Four~

Chapter Twenty-Four

And this is what I like to call the mini climax!

Hunter:

The day came and went, the rogues fought and died. The Black Moon and Shadow pack came out victorious. But I couldn’t enjoy the win because my mate was nowhere near me. She was far away as I couldn’t sense her as strongly as I should.

I took off running ignoring the curious calls from my pack. I was going to find her and that rogue that she was tailing. I could feel her anger as she chased him through the forest, and I could sense her fear. I was going to kill him. I can’t lose her again.

I picked up her scent and followed it. Soon I came to a very gruesome sight. Please don’t let it be Kali. It wasn’t. The wolf was practically ripped to shreds but still living. I left it alone and followed Kali’s scent which seemed to be going in no particular direction.

And I found her. She lay on the forest floor as a human. Tears were falling fast down her face and she was muttering incoherent words in her state. She had to be unconscious of some sort. I shifted and ran over to her.

“Kali?” I picked her up in my arms, picking off the leaves stuck on her exposed body and getting her long wild hair out of her face.

Her whimpers stopped and she curled into my embrace. No matter what I would protect her. I wiped away her tears and her eyes fluttered open.

“Hunter” she whispered

“shh its ok, it’s okay”

“I dreamt…of…I” she trailed off unable to get her words out, “I dreamt of my two years, of what he did to me.” Tears began flowing down her face again. Anger washed through me. “Hunter it was horrible, I kept waiting for you to rescue me but you didn’t! You never came!” sobs racked her body and my anger vanished replaced by my guilt. I wished I could take back everything.

She wriggled to get out of my grasp. Please don’t hate me again I prayed repeatedly. I placed her on the ground but kept my hands on her back as I saw her stumble. She glanced at me but it was full of sadness. I couldn’t see hate and it was normally obvious in her eyes. I hoped that was a good sign.

She continued gazing up at me as we just stood there in the forest as the moon rose. I nuzzled my face into her neck. “I’m so sorry Kali; I wish I could take it all back to be a better mate. I’m sorry for all the pain I caused you; I’m a sad excuse for a mate”

She wrapped her arms around me. “I forgive you” she whispered and I looked at her “I love you Hunter”  

“I love you too” I kissed her forehead.

“Let’s go home” she said and I helped her walk back. We passed the bloodied wolf and Kali growled as he stirred and his eyes began to open. He shifted to human and he sat up. I felt Kali begin shaking in fear and anger. I wrapped my arms around her protectively. He gave her a cruel smirk.

“Oh darrll you’ve filled out well” he purred at her looking her exposed body up and down. I stood in between them and I heard Kali whimper slightly. Only I could pick it up, the dead man walking didn’t.

I took off my shirt and gave it to her; it was long enough on her small frame to hang just above her knees. “Kill him” she whispered.

The rogue glared at her “oh but pretty you’ll miss me too much” he said with a cruel smirk

I growled a warning at him.

“No I won’t Trent; you ruined my life and stole my innocence. I wish I had the strength to kill you” she spat his name. Then the rest of her sentence hit me. He stole her innocence. Jake really wasn’t her first time. This lowlife dead man raped her.