~Chapter Twenty-Two~

Chapter Twenty-Two

*KALI’S TWO YEARS* this chapter will explain Kali’s weird eating habits and maybe other things confusing you….if there is.

Kali:

The further I pushed myself the more I felt free and didn’t feel Hunters emotions tugging at me. Calling me back. Fuck him. I felt the rage within me. He ruined my life. He wasn’t going to anymore.

I passed the third town I had been through in the past week. The next town wasn’t far, only a night run if I didn’t stop. So that’s what I did. I shifted to my wolf and ran. I felt the wind and the freedom. Hunter was my past. The world that lay ahead was my future. I didn’t need men, I didn’t need a mate. Screw him. I felt my wolf growl. She felt the same way.

We can be free; we don’t need a mate to dictate our lives.

As I ran I let my anger control my thoughts. I know it’s been a week but it was still fresh. Leaving your mate because they rejected you isn’t going to go away like that. It never goes away. But you learn to live with it until you are unaware its even there, except the aching in your heart.

The burning sun turned into a silver moon, my white coat standing out like a beacon. This would have to be one spectacular view if a human saw me. A white wolf running under a full silver moon. Man I wish I could see me. Great now I’m getting a big head.

When my paws ached so bad that they didn’t anymore I could no longer run, I slowed down. Dawn was beginning to show above the horizon and I lay down to admire it.

Early morning sounds were beginning to fill the fresh air. A fine layer of mist coated everything, including myself making my fur wet. In the distance my strong eyes could make out the outline of a city. That was where I was going. That was where I was going to try and build my new life. Try being key word.

I rose from the cold ground and shook my coat. I begin the journey to my new life.

~~

The smell of rotten food and petrol filled my nose. I smelt many other things that I would care not to name. I was human now and still the stench of the city was strong and consumed my mind, I felt the urge to choke. Clearly this may take some time to adjust to.

I sigh tiredly and continue down the quiet street. I was hungry; I could hear my stomach protesting this to me. I began looking for food. I didn’t have any money so I couldn’t buy anything. I didn’t really know another way to get food except hunting for it. Sighing again I turned around and left the city for the forest. The air was still foul. And anything within a 1km radius of the city was dead. There was no life here, no potential food at all.