Bed rest

Eden's P.O.V.
Henry and I walked along the shoreline together, laughing at each other's stories. I have to admit, I did like having him around and he made me feel safe besides Peter, Borra and Felix.

"Eden." I hear Peter call behind us. Henry and I turn around, seeing Peter gesture over to him and my family. We race each other over to them, Archer trying to keep up but it was harder without something solid under him to kick off of. Henry and I reached my parents as I block Henry with my wing, causing him to fall back in the sand.

"Oops." I look at him like a mean girl, smiling as I face Peter.

"We need to head back to the camp to talk about some things, is it alright if you and Henry are alone for a while?"

"I'm sixteen." I cross my arms as him.

"Alright fine. But can I first see your necklace?" He asked. I give him a puzzled look, taking off my necklace as he takes it, wrapping his hands over it. He closed his eyes as a few seconds pass, opening his eyes and handing me my necklace. "Protection spell." He answers my question before I could even think about it. I put it back on, letting it fall around my neck.

"Alright now both of you, stay out of trouble." My mom warns.

"And keep away from Dreamshade." Emma warns.

"Mom!" Henry and I whine. Emma chuckled at us.

No wonder we keep adults off the island." I muttered.

"Especially family." Henry crosses his arms in annoyance.

"Okay shoo before I make you." Peter joked. Henry and I turn around to run as I spread my wings to block Henry. Henry fell to the ground as I get a head start, darting down the beach.

"Cheater!" Henry ran after me. I ignore his comment, spreading my wings. Beating them, I lift off the ground as Henry grabs my leg, keeping my movement from happening. Something burns my ankle, the pain only growing as I thrash to get free from his grip. I finally kicked him, making him leg go as I fell to the ground. I didn't realize the group had run over to us but I ignored them? Holding my ankle in pain.

Peter sits next to me, Emma and my parents checking to see if Henry was alright, which wasn't the case. I may have broken his nose by how much it was bleeding but my instincts had kicked in.

"Let me see." Peter said to me calmly. I hesitate, taking my hand off of my ankle. Peter pulled up the bottom of my pants to see the gash burned into my skin, burning.

"Eden, I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." Henry went wide eyed at my wound.

"Henry do you have any iron on you?" Peter asked, looking at the boy. Henry took off a bracelet, one that looked like a fabric like rope, laced with iron in it and a iron clasp.

"Just this." He hands it to Peter who held it close enough that he could see it but far enough from me that I wouldn't be burned.

"It's pure iron laced into it." My dad explains. "I didn't think she was allergic."

"She isn't. It's her Dark Fey side which burns them." Peter explained to him, handing Henry back his bracelet.

"I'm so sorry, Eden." Henry apologies, putting the bracelet in his pocket.

"It's alright, Henry. You didn't know." I smile.

"But you won't be walking for a while." Peter glanced at my wound. I throw my head back.

"Number?" I ask.

"Week, maybe three?" I cringe at how long I'd be stuck in bed."

"Why's that so bad?" Henry asked.