The ugly truth

Eden's P.O.V.
Knowing the truth was painful, scary. People don't like knowing it because of the chance we don't want to hear it. We don't want to know who our true parents are in fear they may not be what we want, if our siblings have an illness we can't treat, if our husband is cheating on us, or if our boyfriend has been slaughtering anyone who crosses his path, threatening and ruling with fear.

Peter wasn't just a villain, but he was more than that. He was heartless, soulless. The protectiveness he has over me is the same anger and frustration he takes out on his boys. It made sense now why he kept me so private and out of the way of so many things, because he didn't want me to see him like that. He didn't care about Henry being stuck here because it's just another way for him to abuse another child who's most likely been through enough hell as it is.

Something touched my shoulder and I flinched as I look up at Felix.

"Hey, you alright?" I get up, walking to the other side of camp and away from Pan.

"Is it true? Is Pan's story true?" My voice shakes with fear of knowing what I'll find out. Felix sighs, nodding his head. I feel the tears trickle down my cheeks. I don't bother to fight them. I was in love with the worst person in the history of worst people and he kept it from me.  I guess that I should have listened to the small signs that Pan truly was the villain, the monster in the story.

"He didn't want to tell you because he thought it would scare you off."

"Well now you can be the one who tells him that he should have told me in the beginning." I choke, spreading my wings as I take off.

Felix's P.O.V.
He's so going to kill me. Pan is so going to kill me. I just scared away the one chance he had at true love.

"I'm sure she'll come back, Felix. Just give her a few days." Borra said as I look at him as if he were mad.

"Pan will find out she's gone within the night and I don't want to be the one who tells him Eden is gone." I said, trying to hide the panic.

"And I didn't want to have to let go of my brother and yet it did. So suck it up and tell him."

"Tell me what?" Borra and I turn our heads to the entrance where Pan stood. Borra sits back on the bed, just waiting for the drama to start.
"Felix, what's going on?" Pan turned his attention to me.

"It's Eden. I don't know who officially told her but she knows about you, the real you." Pan's eyes turned almost black with anger, a side I haven't seen in him for many years. "She was with Henry before she asked me to tell her."

"Get Henry to the cages, I'm going to find Eden."

"Let us help." I step forward.

"No! You've done enough helping for one decade." He growls, storming out of the tent. I sit on my bed, sighing. 

"I am so dead. He's going to kill me."

"No he'll kill Henry for telling her about his dark side. Then he'll kill you."

"You're not helping." I snarl, glaring at him.

"Sorry. Why don't you go find out where Pan is and calm him down before he goes crazy. I'll go after Eden and see if I can't convince her to come back."

"Or I'll find Eden and you go after Pan."

"I take orders from not you." Borra flew out of the tent without a second thought. I so hate my brother sometimes. I fly out of the tent, flying above the island to search for Pan but I knew where he was. I guess I just needed time to think this all over. Pan had a dark side but who didn't? We all looked at those people we envied and heard them complained about stupid things when they didn't need to. Things others should worry about. I was one of them.

I watched the council member's sons complain about their horns being too short and how they were never attractive to get a girl while I watched from the side. I was always the broken boy, the one who didn't have many friends. I got picked on because I was always the leader's son. They harassed me, called me the worst names just because I had everything but I didn't.

It's one of the reasons I ran away. I wanted out, I wanted away from my past. My scar was a constant reminder of that day, the day I actually fought back. One of the boy's wings scrapped me, his horn on top of his wing almost making me lose my sight. My mother said a scar was a sign of a fighter, of someone who won't back down. That was the day she died. Right as I took off I told her I was leaving, I heard the screams. People had found us. My mother was slaughtered right as I left and right in front of me.

I left everything behind, my mother, my past, my brother and father. When I came here, I made sure I wouldn't let the others here pick on me, that I wouldn't be pushed around anymore. I became who I am because of my past. But like I said, we all have a dark side of us. Pan just has a worse one than anyone else.