Chapter 16

Crystals' Point of View

The sun's rays shone in my eyes, so I covered them to try to get a few more minutes of sleep. I sighed as I heard the alarm.

I opened my eyes and prepared for the day ahead.

Jace's point of view

"Have you heard from Tessa?" She inquired, "I'm sure they're enjoying their morning after," I smirked, and she laughed.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked, noticing she was dressed up. "Today is Monday, remember, I have school," she explained. "I'll drive you," I said, not realizing it was a new week. She shook her head, "I'll be fine, I'll only be there for 2 hours, so don't miss me too much," she said.

I rolled my eyes, and she grinned as she walked to the door. "WAIT!" I yelled as I approached her. "Yes?" she asked. "Um, have a good day," I sighed. "You too," she said before turning around and leaving.

"Idiot," I said as I walked over to the couch and landed face-first in the cushions.

"Missed me already," I remarked as the door opened, "no, I live here," Tessa burst out laughing.

I cupped my hands across my face, "aww don't be embarrassed," she mumbled, and I rolled my eyes.

"You should get dressed, lover boy," Tessa said as I raised an eyebrow. "Why?" "They're having a meeting," she replied, and I sighed. "Do I have to leave?" I inquired, but she did not respond.

I took a shower and changed before driving to the agency.

As soon as we got inside, we made our way up to the meeting room. Except for Crystal and Justin, all of the agents were present. We sat down and waited for the meeting to begin.

The vice president entered the room, and we stood there waiting for directions. "Sit," he said.

The meeting began with thanking agents for successful operations, criminals apprehended, and our salaries. I was ready to fall asleep when Crystal's aunt strolled in, "No need to stand; this will be short," she expressed.

"The agency will undergo certain modifications as a result of the recent attacks", Amber stated

The room was filled with mumbles. "Our agency is all about safety; if you don't feel safe, we're not doing our job," she explained. "I thank the Delta Monarch team for their bravery. That being said, the NSA will be shut down," Amber added.

The commotion filled the room. "What?" I expressed, "Obviously, it's not the way you think; let her finish," Tessed informed. "NSA will be shut down in Miami, Florida if you'll allow me to finish. Agents will be temporarily relocated to new areas, she said.

"Are there any questions?" Almost everyone raised their hands when the vice president asked. "Okay, wow, let's start with you," he stated, pointing at me, "Will all agents be located in the same place?" I asked, "No, your location will be chosen based on the team." He answered

Up until the conclusion of the meeting, agents kept asking questions.

"Hey Jace," I heard Maliek call out, "I've got some stuff to do, don't wait up," Tessa explained. She walked away leaving me with maliek. "Hey man, it's been a while," he greeted, "It has," I replied. "I know it's been a while but I've been so busy, Elizabeth's been so depressed lately, you wouldn't understand," he shared.

"Are you fucking serious?" I exclaimed, "What, you've been so busy playing Romeo that you forgot about us," He argued, "You know the shit, I've been through, I had to save Crystal's life from her burning apartment, my fucking ex came to my house, oh and not to mention police found drugs in my house, and arrested Crystal, so sorry I forgot all about you and your fucked up friendship," I finished.

I rolled my eyes and departed not waiting on his response.

"The things I do," I thought as I drove to the house. I exited the car and went inside. "Hey," Crystal greeted, "sup," I replied, walking to the kitchen. "Are you okay?" she asked, walking towards me.

Crystal POV

Why do I continue to defend you? "I don't umm, I don't know how to answer that," I stumbled in response to his question. He continued, "I lost my friends and for what, was it worth it? " I remained silent.

"Everything I do for you is worthwhile", he replied. He hugged me, he then released me and walked away.

I stood there, for a minute and smiled. I wasted the rest of the day watching TV. The door opened an hour later, "I'm Home," Tessa announced, "I'm also here, and I brought food," Justin stated, "you know we have food here," I explained, "Yeah but no one wants your cooking," He sassed.

I ran my finger across my neck and pointed at him, "Okay, let's not kill each other," Tessa said, "Mhmm, something smells good," Jace expressed, coming down the stairs. I opened the bag, "Tacos?" I questioned, "If you don't like it, then more food for us," Justin replied, taking out his food. I rolled my eyes while Tessa and Jace laughed.

"Are you guys excited about the move?" Tessa asked, "What are you talking about?" I asked, "Didn't your aunt tell you?" Justin questioned, "No, she fucking didn't," I answered, "Okay, maybe there's a reason, she probably forgot," Jace reassured "Why didn't you tell her Jace," Tessa questioned, "I assumed she already knew," He answered.

The doorbell ring broke us from our conversation, "Are you expecting someone?" Justin asked, "Not that I know of," I answered. Tessa went to the door, "What the fuck do you want."