Chapter 12

Jace POV

"Mom, what are you doing here," I stuttered, "Well, are you gonna let us in?" My mom asked. We got out of the way, letting them in.

"What are you both doing here?"I questioned, "Can't a mother visit her son, for dinner," she stated, "Ok, and what is she doing here," I asked, pointing at Emma, "You both have some catching up to do, Mom expressed, I rolled my eyes, "and look we were just in time for dinner," Mom stated.

We sat at the dining table, "Sorry Crystal, but this is a private matter, do you mind sitting in the living room," Mom demanded, "No, she can stay," I stated, "It's fine, I'll just go," She replied.

I watched as she walked away, "Speak," I demanded, "look, we both knew that what happened was an accident," Emma explained, "AN ACCIDENT!" I exclaimed, "yes," she replied, "you, went back to your ex and fucked him," I stated, "I was bored," she replied, I laughed, "get the fuck out of my house," I argued.

"If you didn't care so much about getting a scholarship, I wouldn't have been bored all the time and cheated," She explained, I rolled my eyes. "Why are you even here?" I asked, "because I miss you," she answered, placing her hand on mine. "No, I was fine without you for this long time,"

My mom got up, "Emma, I think it's time we leave, but do you mind if I use the bathroom?" Mom asked, "sure, it's upstairs," I stated. Mom went upstairs, leaving Emma and me alone, "Can't we forget about our little disagreement," Emma smiled, "What the fuck," I thought. She walked over to me, "we were inseparable," she explained, "don't you remember?" she questioned, leaning towards me. I got up, "no, I don't," I replied.

Mom returned, "Well, it was nice seeing you son," Mom explained, I escorted them both out and slammed the door.

I turned, seeing Crystal looking at me weirdly, "what?" I asked, "nothing," she answered, I raised my brow, "it's just that I never imagined you with someone like that," She explained, "she was amazing at the time," I stated, "right," She answered, walking away. She began cleaning the table, "you don't have to do that," I expressed, walking towards her, and she raised her brow.

"Well, I want to," She explained, picking up the remaining plates. I sighed, going to the living room, she finished in the kitchen and sat with me.

Crystal POV

"Talk," I demanded, "what," he stuttered, "I know you're not alright, especially seeing you're ex-girlfriend," I explained. He sighed, "seeing Emma just brought back all these memories," he replied, "go on," I said, "she cheated on me because she was bored," he answered, "FUCKING BORED!" he shouted, It caught me off guard, "YOU DON'T DO THAT TO SOMEONE, YOU FUCKING LOVE!" he yelled, "I'm sorry that happen to you," I stuttered, "don't pitty me, I deserved it," he fumed.

I got up and walked towards him. Jace held his head down. I was about to place my hand on his head, but he grabbed it, "Just go," he sighed. I held his head, positioning it on my stomach, "Crystal, I don't," "Shh," I interrupted. I held up his head, making him look at me. "I'm sorry that happened to you, you are an extraordinary person, she's a bitch for not seeing that. Any girl would be lucky to have you," I expressed, he stared at me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

My phone rang, breaking our stares, "I should get that," I stuttered, and he released me. "Hello," I answered, "Hey Chris, it's Tessa, can I come over?" She asked, "Seeing that you're already at the door, yeah," I replied.

"Who was it?" Jace asked, I opened the front door, and Tessa stood on the other side, smiling, "Come in, Tessa," I greeted, She walked in, "Lovely place," she smiled, "Cut the chit-chat and tell us why you here," I demanded, she started fumbling with her hands, "Justin asked me on a date," She stated, I smiled, "Wow Tess I didn't see you as the dating kind of girl," Jace joked. She punched him in the arm, "I like him and want to go," She admitted, "But?" I asked, "I get nervous and start to stutter," She explained, "Okay, so what can we do?" Jace asked.

"Come with us, I'll be comfortable with you both there?" She asked, "I don't know," I replied, "come on, Chris, Jace, please convince her," She begged, "It's gonna be a carnival fair," she bragged, jace looked at me, "Alright," I answered, She hugged us, "thank you, thank you," she smiled, "so it's tomorrow I'll send you the location," She stated.

Tessa chilled with us, discussing the fair. After about three hours,

she left, "Wow, it's still early," I declared, checking my phone, "yeah so what do you wanna do?" Jace asked, crossing his arms, "you wanna watch a movie?" I questioned, "sure, I'll make some popcorn," he replied.

I sat on the couch and found the perfect horror movie, Jace came with the popcorn and we chilled.

The movie was mostly Jace screaming and me laughing at him, "Okay that's enough torture for one night," I stated, turning off the TV, "I hate you," Jace joked, I laughed, "Next time I'll give you a warning," I apologized, "well I'm going to bed goodnight," I expressed.

I went up to my room and lay in bed. I took out my phone, to help me sleep. "This is Jace's phone," I realized, I got up and went to his room. He sat on his bed, "guess you're here for this," he stated holding up the phone, " we must have switched phones," I laughed. We returned the phones.

Jace grabbed my hand, "please, can you?" He stopped, "it's Okay Jace. I know how scared you are," I smirked, and he laughed. I lay beside him and fell asleep.