Chapter 13

I woke up around 6:30 am, and Jace was still fast asleep. I sat up and felt nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and began to vomit. I hovered over the toilet and finally stopped, flushing the toilet. I brushed my teeth and washed out my mouth.

Jace was still sound asleep, I sighed and went downstairs. I made breakfast and waited on Jace, after a few minutes, he dragged himself downstairs, "You're up early," he expressed, pouring out his coffee, "Just wanted to get the day started," I lied, "Are you Okay?" he questioned, "Yeah I'm fine, why did you ask?" I fumbled.

"Okay, I'm just asking, relax," He laughed.

I took a deep breath, "you made this?" he asked, "yeah, bacon, eggs, and pancakes," I explained, "Wow, I wasn't expecting this," He expressed.

We sat at the dining table, you thought I couldn't cook?" I questioned, "no I didn't mean it like that, you don't usually cook," he stuttered, and I laughed. "I'm just messing with you," I smiled, and he sighed.

"Today should be exciting," He smiled, "Yeah, I'm happy for Tessa," I stated, "Justin's making moves," he expressed, and I laughed. "He's got the confidence I'll give him that," I stated, "he's better than someone I know," He expressed.

After breakfast, I got up to clean, "no, let me do that," he demanded, "it's fine," I explained, "what person would I be if I didn't clean up after you cooked," he replied.

I nodded, letting him clean. I relaxed until he finished, "so how about a bet," he suggested, I raised my brow, "whoever wins the most games at the fair gets to choose dinner," he explained, "aren't you afraid you'll lose the bet," I smiled, he held out his hand.

"Alright deal," I shook his hand, and he stared at me before releasing my hand.

For the rest of the day, we watched movies, and wasted time, around 4:30 pm, I got a call.

"Hello," I answered, "Chris, I'm freaking out right now, why did I accept the date," Tessa panicked, "Tess, calm down," I reassured, "what I'm I doing, Chris?" She asked, "Tessa, you've been wanting this since Junior year," Jace expressed, "you put me on speaker phone," she sighed.

"Tessa you're just nervous, it's normal and we'll be there to support you," I explained, she took a deep breath, "Okay I think that's what I needed to hear, I'll see you later," she ended, and I hung up.

"I'm glad we're gonna be able to support her," I expressed, "Yeah, I'm a good friend," Jace bashed, "We," I corrected, "remember you didn't want to go," he reminded, "shut up," I argued, pushing him off the couch.

"Very mature," he laughed, "we should get ready," I declared, we agreed and went upstairs.

I took a shower, but I couldn't decide the shoes that went best with my outfit, I ran over to Jace's room forgetting to knock.

"Jace can you," I stopped, and he stood in front of me wearing only a towel, "I'm so sorry I assumed you were dressed," I apologize, "is there um something you wanted?" he stuttered, "no it's okay I'll figure it out," I expressed, walking out.

I went over to my room, "I'm never gonna get that image out of my head," I thought, his abs and the water running down from his face to his, "snap out of it," I thought.

I finally got ready and went downstairs, seeing Jace waiting on me. He sat on the couch scrolling on his phone, I cleared my throat getting his attention.

He looked at me, "sleeveless?" He asked, I raised my brow, "it's gonna get chilly," he explained, "It's not gonna be that bad, I can handle it," I smiled and he rolled his eyes.

We got our stuff and got in the car. We finally arrived at the fair around 6, "wow, I see why Jay carried Tessa here," I expressed, "Crystal!" Tessa exclaimed running towards us, she hugged me, "I'm so glad you're here," he stated, I smiled. Justin walked up to us," My boy," Jace smiled, and we laughed.

We finally entered the fair, it was exciting, we drove bumper cars, played games rode the carousel and the swing ride.

"Where to next?" Tessa asked, "actually, Crystal and I wanted to drive the bumper cars again, but you guys go on," Jace stated, he nudged me, "oh ok have fun," Tessa replied, and we went our separate ways.

"The bumper cars?" I questioned, "it was the first thing that popped into my head, plus they need some alone time," he explained, "guess you're right," I admitted, "what was that, did Crystal Armani say I was right," He said, I punched him in the arm.

We explored the fair and found a photo booth, "Wow I haven't seen these since high school," he expressed, "can we go, please?" He begged, "ok," I answered.

I paid and sat in the booth, "four photos 5 seconds between each," Jace read. We took two silly photos and one of us hugged.

He released me and we just stare at each other, I used my hand and rubbed his cheeks, "is there something in my face?" He questioned wiping his face, "yeah, ketchup," I laughed exiting the booth.

We walked collected our photos and left the booth. There was a loud growl that came from my stomach, Jace looked at me and laughed, "guess that means you're ready to go," he expressed, I nodded.

We got to the car and drove to the nearest fast food place, "I'm sorry, we didn't even get to do the bet," I sighed, "It's fine, I wanted to leave as well, plus we know I was gonna win anyway," he smiled, I laughed.

Driving to the house, we notice the police and police lights.