Chapter 8

Crystal's POV
The ambulance drove Jace to the agency's hospital. Doctors placed him on a stretcher, and wheeled him to the surgery.

I went to the washroom and washed the blood from my hands and face. I took a deep breath and went to the waiting room. Everyone immediately stopped talking, "What is it?" I asked, but no one said anything, "We're just shocked, what occurred that's all," Elizabeth stated. I nodded.

It's been an hour, and nothing from the doctors, no one's even talking to me, they're only whispering to each other.

"I am going outside," I stated, and they just nodded. I looked over at Justin and Maliek who were fast asleep. I sat outside on the benches, and angry tears flowed from my eyes, "I just want it to end," I repeated in my head. I felt someone hug me, "it's okay," Tessa whispered, I hugged her and buried my face in her clothes.

"I got to go," she sighed, releasing me, I wiped my face, "it's okay," I smiled, and she gave me one last smile before running into the hospital. I sat outside for another hour before going back inside. I walked in, bumping into someone, "Sorry," I apologize, and I realized it was Jace's mother, "Oh, Mrs Smith,"  I greeted, and she looked at me with no emotion, "Crystal, do you mind if I speak with you outside?" She asked, even though I knew it wasn't a question.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked. I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek, she slapped me.

"You stay the fuck away from my son," she demanded, "Mrs Smith, what are you," I stuttered, "you're the reason my son is in the hospital, he was protecting your dumbass, you should have just died," she explained, "I don't," I mumbled, "you're not going back in that hospital, you leave my son alone, you hear me, and you're not gonna visit him or text him, or next time I'll make sure that anyone who's shooting, aims it at you," she ended.

She walked back into the hospital, leaving me outside. I ran to my car with tears in my eyes and drove home.

Jace POV
"Jace, please wake up," I heard Elizabeth plead, "Jace if you don't wake up or I'm gonna use your razor," Andrew explained. I opened my eyes, "you're gonna what?" I questioned, "Jace," they all exclaimed, and I smiled. My mom ran in and hugged me, "my sweet boy, I'm so glad you're ok," she expressed, I sat up, "you're lucky man, the bullet missed all your vital organs," Maliek explained, "thank god for that," my mom replied.

I looked around the room not seeing Crystal, "Where is Crystal?" I asked, everyone's emotion changed except for Justin and Maliek, "I think she left," Kira stated. I raised my eyebrow, "Why would she do that?" Justin asked, Kira, shrugged. "You can worry about her later, we need to nurse you back to health," Mom demanded, I smiled.

The weeks went by quickly, and I still haven't heard or seen from Crystal, everyone assumed she was on a mission, but I knew that wasn't the case. "Hey man," Maliek greeted, "wassup?" I asked, "I got promoted," he exclaimed, "what, that's awesome man," I congratulated him, "oh, I forgot this is yours," he replied, handing me an envelope.

I opened it, "Dear Mr Smith, we are glad that you are alright, we would like to bestow you with the medal of honour for your courage~ yours truly HQ". "Wow, congrats", Maliek replied, I nodded.

I sat up, while Maliek explained what's been happening the past few days, "Has anyone heard from Crystal or her mission?" I asked, "there is no mission,' Maliek explained, I raised my brow, "ever since last week, it's been weird," He replied, "What do you mean?" I asked, "Justin went to her house, but he didn't explain what happen, I asked Elizabeth and the rest of the girls if they called her, but they kept saying how busy they were," He explained.

"Yeah, I would put that at the top of my weird scale," I responded, "I texted her, but she only texted that she's fine and I should stop worrying about her," he stated. "I'll have to figure out when, I'm discharged," I thought.

One by one, my friends came in, they spoke about their missions, meetings and school, but nothing about Crystal. "Anyone heard from Crystal?" I asked, "no, we haven't," Elizabeth responded, "I get it you guys are too busy," I  interrupted. "I heard from her, but we were conversing through her door," Justin explained.

"There you have your answer, I am guessing she's fine," Stacey replied, "how would you know you didn't text or call her," Justin argued. There was an awkward silence in the room, "anyone wants the pizza?" Andrew asked, "strangely, I lost my appetite," Justin stated, exiting the room.

We ate our food in silence until it was time for them to leave. Over the next few weeks, I regained my energy thanks to my mom and the nurses, so I was discharged. I stayed home for a few days before returning to school. 

I went to school the following day, and thanks to Maliek, I was able to keep up with the class. Lunchtime, we sat at the table, awkwardly, everyone except Justin, "I'm glad you're able to come back to school," Kira smiled, "Yeah, It's just awkward," I admitted. Silence fell over the group again.

My classes ended quickly, and I was heading to my car, "Hey, Jace wait up," Justin called out. "I need you to talk to Chris," He stated, "I tried, but she's answering my texts or calls," I sighed, "No, you need to go to her house," He stated, I raised my brow, "Listen, you are the only person who can help her," He explained, I just nodded.

I drove to her house, not knowing what, awaits me.