Chapter 3

"WAKE THE FUCK UP, Y'ALL, I'M HUNGRY, I WANT FOOD!" "JAY, SHUT THE FUCK UP, WE WANT TO SLEEP," Kira cried, adding, "but I'm hungry," which elicited laughter from the audience. I got up, and prepared French toast, bacon, and eggs. We relaxed until it was time to go shopping. I was resting on the couch, surfing through Instagram, when my aunt called.

"Hello, Aunty Wassup," I said, "just checking in, how's everything?" "Oh, you know how the missions and schoolwork are," I said. "I've got to run; I'll text you later," she said, "right, remember to eat," I finished

"Good morning," Jace said. . "Hey, was that your one of your relatives?" he asked. "Sorry, I wasn't eavesdropping; I just overheard; I didn't mean to; I was just walking by," he stuttered, "It's fine," I reassured, "That my aunt, she was checking on me," I answered.  "Well, that's good," he said.

"Start getting ready, guys, and if you're late, we're leaving," Amanda said. "Do we really have to?" I nodded sadly as Jace winced. I dashed upstairs, showered, and changed.

We were only planning to take one car because we were all going together, and Maliek's Range Rover had plenty of space.

We hopped in the car and drove to the mall. The vehicle ride was generally enjoyable.We were laughing and singing. When we got at the mall, Maliek stated, "Finally, now y'all can shut the fuck up," which made us chuckle.

Everyone got out of the car and formed two-person groups. Maliek, Jace Jordan, Jay, and Andrew are the boys. I, Amanda, Stacey, Kira, and Elizabeth are the girls. "We'll meet at the food court at 12:30, and if there are any delays, please text us," I said. We parted paths as we entered the mall.

The first shop had lovely gowns and shoes. We began with the outfits. Stacey discovered a gorgeous pair of pumps but no dress, while Amanda found a dress that showed off her curves but couldn't find shoes to match. Kira, Elizabeth, and I, on the other hand, were unable to locate a gown or shoes that complement our sense of style.

Maliek's POV

"What about this?" As we were looking for a suit for the dance, I said. Justin and Jace were looking at suits, and Jace was attempting to assist me.

Jace has had feelings for Chris since freshman year but has struggled to express them. "Okay," I said, showing the suit, "yes dude, that's the one," he replies, and I grin, wiping a false sweat from my face. Despite our laughter, I could tell something was amiss with Jace.

"How are you, man?" "It's just Crystal; I always get anxious around her and forget how to speak," I inquired. "Damn," he exclaimed, and I replied,"Be yourself, and if that isn't enough, find someone else who will accept your stupidass." We laughed at this.

"OK, man, now it's your chance," I remarked as I handed him a suit to try on. Jordan, Andrew, and Jay had already paid for their outfits, so after the first five minutes, it was just me and Jace. When Jace emerged from the changing room, there was no doubt that this was the suit. We payed for it and proceeded to the food court to await the females.

Chris' point of view

We went to three stores and found nothing; I'm out of ideas. "There's one more store," Stacey said. I felt like a kid at a candy store, and there was the right item for me.

Chris POV
We have gone to three stores and found nothing; I have lost hope. "There is one more store," Stacey announced. I was like a kid in a candy store, and there was the perfect dress. I took it off the rack and dashed into the dressing room. Stacey, Kira, and Elizabeth found their dresses.

We got out of the dressing room looking like supermodels, and we all screamed at how beautiful we looked without hesitation. We paid for the gown, shoes that Amanda picked out for us, and some jewelry. Arriving at the food court, we spotted the boys. "It took you long enough," the boys whined, making us all laugh. We bought our food and headed back to my house.

The car ride was mostly us laughing and Maliek telling us to stop messing up his car. Jace and I were arguing with Justin about whether pineapple should go on pizza.

We finally got to the house, and my phone started blowing up with notifications, mainly Instagram and a text from an unknown number: "Remember me," it read, "something about, this message gives me the creeps." I thought, "WHAT THE FUCK!" Jay shouted, and we rushed downstairs to see Jay holding his phone, looking scared.

We all looked at his phone, noticing the same messages I got. "I got it too," Stacey said, "so we all got the message?" I asked everyone, who nodded. "Here's the plan, we'll stay at Chris's house till we know this shit blows off," Jordan said, pointing at his phone. "So we all come and go as a group," Stacey stated, and we all nodded. We chilled out for the rest of the day, but the question on everyone's mind is, who is this mystery person?