Chapter 10

Crystals POV

I spent two days in the hospital, then I was discharged. Jace picked me up and we arrived at his house, "Wow," I smiled, "I know," He boasted. We got out of the car and went inside, "okay, you have a beautiful home," I expressed, He smiled. He showed me the kitchen, dining room, living room and my room. "Okay, this is your room, the shower is in there," He stated, "But I have no clothes," I explained, and he pointed to the drawers, which had clothes. I hugged him "I appreciate it," I thanked him, "It's no problem," He answered.

I took a shower, changed and went downstairs, "I hope you're hungry," he chattered, but I didn't answer, "listen, you have to eat for your medication," He stated, "I'm not hungry," I replied. He placed a small bowl of oatmeal on the table, "just try it," he expressed, I picked up the spoon and put it to my mouth and swallowed, "It's not bad," I answered, and he sighed.

We ate our food and watched TV, "are you going to school in the morning?" I questioned, and he shook his head, "I'm a full-time agent now," he explained, "holy shit, that's amazing," I congratulated him, and he smiled. "I'll  be at school for a few more weeks," He explained, "how did they take you off the part-time?" I questioned, "my bravery," He boasted, "right," I remarked. He got up and handed me, my pills and water.

"The doctor said you might have night chills and dizziness," He explained, "you tell me this, as I'm about to take it," I ranted, "just take the pill," he insisted. I took it and drank some water, "now, was it so, bad?" he questioned, and I rolled my eyes. The rest of the night was boring, so I went up to my room and went to bed. 

I woke up around 8:30 the following morning, went to the bathroom and headed downstairs. Jace stood in the kitchen, "Um, good morning," I greeted, he smiled and gave me a small fruit salad, "Thanks," I smiled. "I'm going for a run, you wanna join?" he questioned, "can I say no," I laughed,  "afraid I'll outrun you," he bragged, "oh, that's how it is," I replied, he beamed, "you're on," I sassed. After breakfast, I changed and joined Jace.

After two hours, we took a break, "Okay, okay, you win," I panted, lying on the floor, he laughed "alright, Crystal, Let's get you home,"  he cheered, helping me up. We got home, and the house phone started ringing. I took a quick shower and changed. "CRYSTAL!" Jace shouted, I ran downstairs, "do you have to yell,"  I complained, "We need to get to HQ," He stated, "why?" I asked, "Tessa said she has information on the explosion," He explained. I got the keys and went into the car, Jace jumped in the passenger's seat "you realize this is my car," he hissed, I rolled my eyes and drove.

We arrived at HQ and ran inside. Everyone was sitting in the meeting room. I opened the door and all eyes were on us, "Finally," Justin ranted, "Jace and Chris, you can sit," Tessa stated, "So, what's this about?" Stacey asked, Tessa, placed two pieces of metal on the table.

"What's this ?" Jordan asked,  "We found these at both explosions," Tessa explained, "they look the same," Jace expressed, "it looks like a key," I stated, "Key?" Justin asked, "see the short part, and this would be where you whined the bomb," I explained, "you know a lot about this," Kira muttered, "it's called fucking common sense,"  I snapped, the room was silent, "Okay, well I'll take this to forensic," Tessa stated and walked out.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you were still working for the enemy," Kira argued, "you're a fucking bitch," I snarled, "yeah well, at least I didn't work with a murderer," She hissed, "how could you say something like that," Jace argued,  I jump across the table, but someone held me back.

"Kira just shut the fuck up," Justin snapped, "Funny how you both keep protecting her," She replied, "cause we don't treat our friend like shit," Justin stated, Kira laughed, "your house burning down was karma," she stated. I got free and strangled her, they broke us apart. "You're fucking dead to me," I hissed. She didn't say anything, I released myself and exited the room and ran out of the building.

Jace POV
Crystal pushed me off and then walked out of the room. Justin ran after her, I looked at Kira, "you're a fucked up person," I hissed, "at least I'm not in love with a murderer," she replied. "I hope whatever the fuck your doing is worth it," I argued, walking out.

It was pitch black outside, I headed to my car. Justin's car was gone, so I'm guessing he took her home. I got in my car and drove home.

The house was empty, "Crystal!" I yelled, no answer. I went up to her room it was empty there was no sign of her. I called both her phone and Justin's phone, straight to voicemail, "shit," I mumbled. I waited hours and nothing, no calls or texts.

I finally got in my car and started driving, I didn't know where I just drove.

I finally stopped, at where Crystal's house once stood. And there they were.