Front Door

Kimberly's P.O.V

The room seemed to drop in temperature as the doorbell sounded throughout the house, again. Brie finally looked away from the direction of the door and focused her eyes on me. "Expecting someone?" She asked.

I shook my head and stood up from the couch, figuring that I should probably go ahead and answer it. But, I feared it was Sheldon. If it was Sheldon, then I knew for a fact that our secret about our relationship would surely be a secret no more...

My slow and steady steps finally reached the door. I unlocked the lock and pried open the door. A mixture of relief and surprise came over me when I noticed it wasn't Sheldon, but Elliot.

Unsure of what to do I walked outside and closed the door behind me, leaving me outside alone with Elliot. "Is your boyfriend inside?" He asked with jealousy laced in his voice.

I rolled my eyes in the back of my head before giving him a stern expression, "No, he isn't. Just an upset friend, that needs my attention, more than a lost cause love sick puppy," I spat.

Elliot looked at me with a tad bit of sadness. "Kimberly, please give me a chance!"

I shook my head at him, "I want to hear no more of this! I am with Sheldon Jenkins! Not you! I've dated Sheldon for the past six months and I like him!"

Elliot was silent for why felt like forever before speaking, "But, do you love him?"

"The word love has as much power as the word hate, and I don't go throwing it around," I replied with a smile.

Elliot, however, didn't seem to get the message that I wasn't going to throw myself all over him. I think in his thick skull he actually believed I would leave Sheldon for him. "It's not that you don't like throwing it around, it's the fact that you can't admit it."

"What do you mean by 'I can't admit it'?!" I quizzed in anger.

"You can't admit that you don't love Sheldon."

"I am in high school, not even eighteen yet! I don't know what love is!"

Elliot's stepped forward with his normal cocky grin. His breath was fanning my face due to how close he was to me. I could actually feel the heat of his body as it radiated off of him and cascaded over me. My eyes looked into his and all I saw was admiration and ... Love? "Kimberly, the only reason you don't know what love is, and how it feels is because you have never been in love."

My breath got caught in my throat as I became speechless.

Elliot leaned in and I made no move to back away. I closed my eyes when Elliot's lips were mere centimeters from mine.

I was very bemused when I didn't feel his mouth on mine, instead, the hot air of his breath cataracted on / in my ear. "Don't worry Kim, I will show you what love is."

At his sudden words my eyelids fluttered open.

He was now more than a foot away from me, with his usual smirk.

Shaking my head I narrowed my eyes at him. "Elliot, no matter how many cheesy catch lines you throw at me, no matter how determined you are, you will never change the fact that I am with Sheldon..."

Elliot shrugged his shoulders, "Whatever puts you to sleep at night." With his riddling words Elliot walked away.

My legs refused to move from my porch as his figure retreated towards his car.

Only the sound of my front door opening behind made me move.

Looking over my shoulder I saw Brie standing in my doorway with an odd look on her face. Twisting around, I faced her with a false smile of happiness. "So ... you were listening to that ... weren't you?" I asked her.

She allowed her body to lean on the door post, "Yea I was listening..."

"Soooo," I mumbled unsure of what to say next.

"You're dating Sheldon?" She questioned.

I stood there realizing I was caught red handed.

Edited by: Victoria @pcgeeksquadgirl