The Way You Make Feel

I grabbed a grocery cart and stared at the list of stuff my mom wanted from the store. The shopping list was way too long. I thought we would surely never leave the store. My eyes flickered over all the items and I started to wonder why there was so much. My eyebrows furrowed when I saw that half the list was junk food. That was so unlike my mom to buy junk food.

I felt a pair of eyes looking over my shoulder so I turned my head and saw Colby. His gaze was on the list with a grin.

"Man, your mom put all my favorites on there." I spun my body around and gave Colby a raised eyebrow which he returned with a smile.

"Hand it over," I spoke as my right shoe tapped the title floor of the store in an impatient manner. Colby gave me a quizzical look as if he was innocent. "I know my mom's hand writing and this is not it. Plus, she would never ask me to get, Twinkies or Ding Dongs, whatever that is." Colby gasped at me.

"Are you, Brie, telling me that you don't know what Ding Dongs are?" I shook my head 'no' and he gave me a shocked expression before composing himself. "Well, you really are ignorant," as those words left his mouth I gave him a punch on the arm.

"I'm not ignorant!" I shouted at him. An old couple walked past us and gave me frightened looks. I did the only thing I could think of and stuck my tongue out at them. The couple gave me an odd look before grabbing a basket and scurrying off.

"You really know how to scare people off, don't you?" Colby asked as he pulled out the real grocery list out of his pocket and handed it out to me. I snatched it with narrowed eyes.

Without giving him a second glance I took off towards where the first item on the shopping list was.

I knew Colby was behind me as he started whistling. I was currently feeling the breads to see how fresh they were, but his damn whistling was making me angry and distracted. "Like feeling things up Brie?" He asked in a pervy manner as I was squeezing a loaf of white bread.

"Oh damn Colby you now know my deepest secret. And since you know I like feeling things, how about we allow my fist to feel your nose?" Colby gave me a smirk.

"Nice one did you and your kindergarten friends take all last night thinking that up?" I wanted to reply and say 'No, I was stuck in your bed last night so I didn't have time to talk to my kindergarten friends.' But something instructed me not to say it because this was not the time nor place to bring up what happened last night. "No response?" He questioned.

"Oh, I have a response." was all I told him before grabbing a random loaf.

We had finally reached the end of my mom’s list and I saw the last thing on her list was eggs.

My head tilted to see Colby was nowhere in sight. I shrugged my shoulder and picked up two dozen eggs and placed them in the basket. I couldn't help but glance over at the whipped cream cans. An evil grin found my face. Colby had shown that even though his dad has died he wants to continue this prank war. So, with that in mind I didn't think twice as I picked up two cans of whipped cream and placed them in the cart.

I walked to a register and waited for the person in front of me to get checked out. I was not standing in line for more than a second when Colby came rushing over to me. He placed three containers of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream in the basket.

"Ha-ha, you better put that back Mister. I refuse to use my mom’s card on something that’s not on her list." I stated with a smile. Colby scratched the back of his neck which told me that he was about to say something he didn't want to admit.

"It's Penny and Chase's favorite, figured they need a little cheering up." I think he knew that once he said his brother and sisters names I had given in. But I didn't admit he had won, I just remained silent and didn’t argue with him.

When we reached home Penny and Chase ran out and helped us as much as they could with being in the groceries. My mom didn't seem to notice or mind the extra items of ice cream and cool whip. This made me sigh in relief that she didn’t flip out.

"Brie? Wanna play some tag?" Chase and Penny both asked me as they ran into the living room. I thought about how I really didn't want to ... but a hot breath on my ear and neck made me stop thinking about how to nicely reject the kids before me.

"Help me distract them, please," a deep voice I knew to be Colby's begged me. I don’t know what got over me, but his breath trickling on my neck and his words made my legs feel like jelly. I gripped the counter top and tried to gain control of my legs as I still felt he was behind me and very close. I could practically feel his body warmth on my back.

"Ummm, yeah t-t-tag sounds g-great." I barely managed to spit out.

Chase and Penny hopped around in excitement. "Thank you." Colby whispered to me. I said nothing back as he walked out from behind me and declared he was going to be the tagger.

I knew two things right then and there, one my back was now a lot cooler proving that he had just in fact been behind me and was actually whispering for me to help him. Two, his voice was so damn sexy and if he talked to me like that again I would do whatever he asked.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by: Penguin42698 (aka Victoria)