Ella

Kimberly's P.O.V

I had only been to Sheldon's house once, and I never really went in. I just parked my car in the drive away and let him run in to grab something he forgot for a date of ours. So, finding my way to his house was a little bit more than difficult.

My car came to a halt as I realized I was driving in circles. I looked behind me and saw no cars, so put the car in park, and then I moved my head to rest lightly on the cool driver's side window. I tried desperately to remember his directions, but there was no hope, I knew that I was indeed, lost.

I hated being lost, because you have that deep gut feeling that you are hopeless. In case your common sense hasn't kicked in, I am not one to like being without hope.

A tapping noise on my driver's window made me jump, before I looked over at what caused the tapping noise. I gazed at a girl that looked to be about ten, at least. She had a smile on her face as she continued to tap on my window. In confusion of her actions I rolled down the window.

"Ummm, who are you?" I asked.

Her small lips curved up, "Ella, and you?" She asked me.

"Uhhh, Kimberly."

The little girl giggled, "You are Sheldon's girlfriend?"

I tried not to act shock as I nodded, "yeah, how did you know?" I asked.

Ella shrugged her bony shoulders, "my brother told me about you."

"Brother?"

"Yes, silly, Sheldon."

I sat there frozen for the simple fact that Sheldon never told me he had a sister. As I looked at the girl before me I noticed that they did indeed look alike. Her eyes were practically identical to Sheldon's: a deep brown color. Her hair however was black a wild with curls.

"Well, mind telling me where I can find this brother of yours?" I questioned.

Her eyes lit up, "are you going to come over?" She asked with excitement leaking in her voice.

I sighed, "I suppose, yes."

Ella jumped up and down a little, "yesssss!"

I laughed at the child's actions before realizing I was parked on a road and she was standing beside my car.

"Wanna hop in and give me directions to your house?" I asked.

Ella looked at me with a skeptical look, "Shel told me not to take rides from strangers."

I smiled, "well, your brother is right..."

The little one release a loud exhale, "and besides, I have to walk to Aunt Bean's house. She is gonna give me some bandages."

"Bandages? Why do you need those?"

Ella gave me a grim look as she spoke, "Shel has bad cuts, and dad won't buy him bandages. So, Aunt Bean is gonna give Shel some."

I gave a silent nod, "hold on." I told the girl and then put my car in drive. The girl backed away from my red Volkswagen as stepped on the gas. I ended up parking my car on the side of the street and turning it off. With quickness, I got out of the car and locked it.

"You might not be able to get in the car with me, but let me walk you to your Aunt Bean's house. Then take you home."

Ella gazed at me for a few seconds, "I'm trustin ya, but only because you are Shel's girlfriend."

I smirked and followed Ella as she started skipping down a sidewalk. 

I watched her giddy figure and began to plunder on why Sheldon had never told me that he had a sister. It wasn't like he thought I hated kids, as a matter of fact I loved them. It would have been so cool to have met her earlier. My lips twitched up for I could totally see myself playing with his sister, she was after all just so darn cute.

But it irked me that he never said anything. You'd think when he talked about his grandmother and cousins that he would bring up the subject of Ella. Yet, I know for a fact, he has not said a word about her.

Sighing, I knew I would talk to him about it later...

It wasn't long before Ella walked up to a plain, brick house. She balled her little fist and knocked on the door. I stood awkwardly behind her as she waited for the door to open.

When it opened, a woman stepped slightly outside and studied us for a second. "Ella, what took you so long? Sheldon said you would be here in five minutes."

Ella pointed her index finger at me, "I found Kimberly."

The woman, with bushy grey hair looked at me.

I wanted to start laughing for the woman before me look just like Professor Sybill Patricia Trelawney (Harry Potter reference). I mean her white hair was crazy, and she wore big, black, circular glass. Her face was skinny, and wrinkly. I just stood there smiling at her.

"You are Kimberly?" The woman asked.

I gave a bob of my head, indicating 'yes'.

"Oh! Finally we meet Sheldon's Kimberly!" Suddenly I was being squeezed to death by the woman. She even started to sway with me in her clutches. I moved side to side as she held me tightly.

"Nice to meet you too," I replied.

The elderly woman let go of me, but had a goofy grin on her face. "Oh! Bandages!" With that the woman walked in her house.

I looked down at Ella who was giggling.

"What's so funny?" I asked her.

"Aunt Bean is funny."

"You mean crazy," I murmured.

"Huh?" Ella asked.

I shook my head, "nothing."

The woman who Ella called Aunt Bean returned a few minutes later with a large first aid kit. She gave a sorrow filled expression as she gave Ella the kit. "Tell, Sheldon, that next time when he is building a tree house, watch his footing," Aunt Bean stated.

Ella nodded, "will do," with that Ella started to walk away.

I gave Aunt Bean a discomfited wave as I trailed behind Ella.

I was deep in thought as I released that Aunt Bean thought Sheldon was injured by building a tree house ... when his father told me that Sheldon had fallen down the stairs. 

My unwanted suspicion of what really happened to Sheldon was running through my mind. "Hey, Ella?"

Ells stopped hopping and looked at me, "yeah."

"Did ... did your dad cause Sheldon's injures?" I asked the girl.

Her face paled, "no ... no daddy didn't ... Sheldon fell off a tree."

"We both Know Sheldon hates climbing, and wouldn't dare build something in one... Please Ella, be honest. Did you dad hurt Sheldon?"

She violently began to shake her head, "no, no, you can't tell on daddy. He didn't mean it!" Ella began to cry.

I reached her and gave the child a hug, "I won't tell anyone ... yet ... just take me to Sheldon."

Ella sniffed a little and nodded, "o-o-kay."