The Talk

Both Colby and I snapped our heads to find my mom standing in the doorway with a shocked expression. Colby seemed paralyzed but when I figured what my mom had caught: Colby hovering over a shirtless me on my bed while placing kisses on me. My hand reached out and I pushed Colby off me and hopped off the bed. I grabbed my shirt and put it on as fast as I could.

With a clearing of the throat my mom gazed at me. "Brie, please, come join me in the living room." My mother said in a neutral tone, which told me that she was either mad or highly embarrassed. Part of me figured it was both of these, after all she did walk in on me almost havin- wait ... Just how far was I about to take that with Colby?

A small realization hit me ... Oh. My. Gosh ... I wasn't going to stop him and I knew it. His lips did something to me, and I wouldn't let him know but it made me want more, and more.

Mom left the room and without looking back at Colby I followed her in the living room. Penny and Chase were sitting on the couch in their swim suits. My dad was in his recliner and was flipping through the T.V channels.

"Honey, do you know what channel Cartoon Network is on?" Dad asked my mother. She sighed.

"We don't have time for you to sit down and watch a show. Get Penny and Chase back in the car, we are leaving, after I talk to Brie." My dad mumbled at my mother's words and got up. He led Chase and Penny out of the house. My legs carried me to the couch knowing my mother's talks were not short. Her grey eyes focused on me with unknown look. "Brie ... Gaaa ... I am not sure how to put this ... but Brie ... I know you are a teenager, and are growing up. That is why I think you need to hear 'the talk'." I went wide eyed, knowing where this is going.

"Wait, no! Its fine, I've heard it before." I stated as I vividly remembered Sex Ed class.

"Okay, but what I walked in there didn't look like you know what you're doing. Please tell me that boy had a condom-"

"Mom!" I shrieked and jolted off the couch. She raised her hands in the air.

"What?! It's a valid question. I hope before you two started kissing that you at least asked." I wanted to ask her does she ask the second her and dad kiss, but the answer and just asking that question would weird me out. "Now, I've prepared for this talk. I have pictures, and your dad will not know we had this talk, okay?"

"Mom-" She wasn't listening to me, instead she was pulling out her phone.

"Okay here is a picture of a pen-"

"I've had sex before!" I lied. Her eyes flickered up and at me. She huffed and tucked her phone back in her pocket.

"Oh, Hun, why didn't you tell me?!" She hollered. Tears started to leak from her eyes. I walked over and hugged her.

"Why are you crying?" I asked as I tried to soothe her.

"B-because, I'm a mother! I was supposed to tell you before you do it!" She wept. I patted her back and then released her. Something inside me wanted to tell her the truth, that I'm a virgin, but I knew she would go on and on about 'the talk' if I did.

"It's okay mom." I replied. She sniffed a little and looked at me.

"I should probably tell Penny before she grows up and does it without the right information..." My mother muttered.

"I think you might wait a few years, ma, she's six years old, I highly doubt she will be shaking up with a guy soon."

My mom nodded realizing I was right. "Your dad and I taking a small trip with Penny and Chase, like we said in the letter, but we came back because we decided to ask if you and Colby wanted to join."

"Honey! Come on! Either they are coming or not!" My dad shouted from the front door. Mom rolled her eyes and looked at me with a smile.

"Do you want to come to the beach with us?" My mom asked. I shook my head 'no'. "Okay, well since we are not going to the place your dad and I originally planned we will be back after dinner time." I nodded and said goodbye to my mom.

Once they were gone I made my way to my room, half expecting to see Colby in there waiting for me. But when I walked in, he wasn't there. My lips twitched down into a frown, but I decided that maybe I should go to his room and see what's up, maybe make out some more...

When I reached his door I found that it was closed, and locked. I rose an eyebrow and knocked. "Yo Colby, it's me, open up." There was silence, dead silence. I balled my fist and knocked once more on his white door. "Colby? You in there?" I questioned. My ears picked up on a huff and what sounded like footsteps making their way to the door. A second later Colby unlocked and cracked open the door. His expression made me realize, he was pissed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I inquired.

"Leave me the fuck alone," with that he closed the door in my face. My eyes clouded over, when I raised my hand to my eyes I felt a warm liquid ... I was crying...

"C-Colby! Open up!" I shouted as I banged on the door, but I knew that it was all in vain, he was outraged about something ... Something I did.

~~~

I was sitting in fourth period class and my mind wandered to last night. Mental images of Colby's angered expression stained my mind. He never came out of his room last night and this morning when I wake up, mom told me he left early for school.

My brain has been racing with what could be wrong, but nothing came to mind.

"Class, listen up, channel two is on," everyone looked to the front of the classroom where on the T.V screen was the school news. I sighed thinking about how Colby was on the T.V new staff.

"Good morning fellow students, you all know me, star quarterback of the football team, Jason Whitehead ... Anywho to start this day we have an..." I started to tune out the school news and focus more on thoughts that involved last night and Colby.

"Brie," I heard my name being called and looked up, only to see something on the T.V screen that made me open my mouth and eyes in shock. On the screen was my mom and I sitting in the living room. I knew exactly what was going to happen next in the video. "Brie ... Gaaa ...I am not sure how to put this ... but Brie ... I know you are a teenager, and are growing up. That is why I think you need to hear 'the talk'." My mom spoke on the video. The whole class giggled and glanced at me before gazing back at the screen. My face heated up as I sat there; unsure of what to do ... I was frozen.

"Wait, no! Its fine, I've heard it before." I yelled in the video.

"Okay, but what I walked in there didn't look like you know what you're doing. Please tell me that boy had a condom-" All my classmates gasped and a few turned heads to look at me some more.

"Mom!" I watched myself in the video as I leaped off the couch.

"What?! It's a valid question. I hope before you two started kissing that you at least asked. Now, I've prepared for this talk. I have pictures, and your dad will not know we had this talk, okay?"

"Mom-"

"Okay here is what a pen-"

"I've had sex before!" The video cut off after me saying that. The room fell silent and all eyes were on me, even the teacher was looking at me funny. I knew I was blushing, not only out of anger but in embarrassment, for I knew the whole school just saw that on the T.V and because of that everyone in the school now thinks I've had sex ... Which is not true!

In a fit of anger I stood up with only one thought, kill Colby.

Edited by: Victoria (aka Penguin42698)