The Calm and The Storm

Kimberly, Colby, Elliot and I lay on the lawn of my yard, all with smiles on our faces.

"Well, I think we have a clear winner of this battle." Elliot said as he stood up off the wet lawn. I sighed knowing he thought him and Colby were the winners. Which is totally wrong, after they ruined our shirts, we decided that the water hose would do them some justice. It did.

"Oh yeah, who?" Asked Kimberly as she raised an eyebrow at him. He gave her a smirk.

"Well, us! We did after all ruin your shirts and not to mention we scared yawl to death in the beginning." Elliot said. Colby started to chuckle. I poked him in the ribs, once I did; he rolled over so I wouldn't be able to do it again.

"OMG! You are ticklish!" I shouted with happiness, for the fact that I found a weakness in Colby. He said nothing, and instead of answering me he stood up and looked away from me. "You are ticklish!" I shouted again, and got up as fast as I could. Colby saw me and sensed what I was going to do. I chased after him while trying to tickle him, but I realized that I couldn't catch him after ten minutes. So I took off back to my house, as he ran off thinking I was still after him. When I reached my house I saw that my mom was in the front of the house yelling at Elliot and Kimberly and pointing at the lawn with an angry expression. I walked over to her wondering what she was doing here so early. When she saw me her eyes locked with mine.

"Brie! What the hell did you all do to my lawn?” She yelled at me. I bowed my head, knowing she is really mad at me.

"I-I-I am sorry." I said in a low voice. My mom exhaled loudly.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have blown up like that, I just have been on edge today. Anyways, where is Colby?" My mom asked me with look filled with sorrow. I gave her an uneasy look, knowing that something was up.

"He- He-"

"Yeah, Mrs. Banny." Colby said in a pant as he came up behind me. My mom nodded with sadness clearly in her eyes.

"Colby, I think it would be wise if you go home and pack your things, along with your brother and sisters..." My mom said in mutter. Colby along with all of us gave a confused look.

"Mrs. Banny, what on earth for?" Colby asked.

"Colby..." My mom started to cry, and just when I was about to walk over to her and comfort her, I just happened to see that next door there was a cop car that pulled up, in Colby's driveway.

"Why is there a cop car in my driveway?" Colby asked, knowing my mom knew something. All the sudden my dad pulled up in our driveway. He quickly got out and come over to us.

"Kimberly. Elliot. I think it would be wise if you two head home now." My dad said. They nodded and walked away giving us looks that clearly meant that they wanted to know later what is going on. I nodded at Kimberly and Colby did the same to Elliot. "Colby, come inside and we will explain what's going on." Colby and I walked in with questioning expressions. We both walked into the living, waiting for an explanation. "Brie, can you go to your room?" I went wide-eyed.

"What? No! I want to know what's going on!" I argued. My dad gave me a stern look.

"Brie David Banny! Go to your room now!" My dad said with anger planted on his face. I sluggishly walked to my room, knowing that I couldn't even eavesdrop for my dad had never seemed so angered when I fought back with him. Call me a daddy's girl, but I don't go against what he says.

Two hours of flipping through the T.V in my room, my door comes flying open.

"Brie!" I turn to see Chase, Colby’s four year old, little brother. I smile, at how freaking cute he was with his shaggy brown hair and the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen.

"No, Chase she is mine!" Penny said, Colby's sister, who is six years old. She came running in the room and jumping on my bed next to me. I smiled.

"What are you two dweebs doing here?" I asked. Chase and Penny gave me a sad look.

"Mom has gone on a trip." Penny said, and stared at my bed sheets.

"Trip?" I quizzed, they nodded. I was going to ask more about this 'trip' but Colby walked in my room. I noted that his eyes were red and a tad puffy ... Had he been crying?

"Chase, Penny, get out of here, and leave Brie alone." Colby said in a low cracked voice. I shook my head.

"They are fine, we were actually about to watch Barney." Chase and Penny's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Barney?" Colby asked. I stood out of my bed and walked to him. Once I was standing in font of him I noticed he most definitely had been crying. I grabbed his hand and pushed him in my room.

"Yes, and you are watching it with us." I told him, knowing that whatever was going on, was clearly making him upset, and he needs something to cheer him up. It's nothing a big fat dinosaur can't cheer up? Right?

Or at least I hoped.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by: Victoria aka Penguin42698