Cleaning and Surprised

Brie’s P.O.V

Right when I entered my house, my cell phone beeped, indicating I got a text message. But my hands were full and I knew I need to put something down before I could read the text message. Sighing, I walked farther into the house and saw that no one was home. When I set my stuff on the counter, I saw a note.

Dear Brie,

Your dad and I have meetings after work, we will be time around dinner time. Your dad said he is picking up pizzas.

Mrs. Gordan, a friend of your dad’s, will pick up Chase and Penny from school and watch them until we get home, so I will pick them up on my way to the house.

Love you, and please be nice to Colby!

Mom

I tossed the note in the trash, and then remembered I had gotten a text. Reaching in my denim jean pocket, I pulled out my phone. 

Colby: At practice, be home about 6.

I decided not to reply and just slowly made my way to my room. Once in I noted that my room looked like a tornado just came through and messed the whole room up. With an elongated exhale I dropped my book bag and began to clean my room. 

My face squinched up when I picked up some unknown, molded food. “I need to clean my room more often,” I mumbled to myself and started to clean some more. 

“Whoa, I think I am in the wrong house,” I heard a voice say from behind me. 

I looked over and saw Kimberly at my door. Her eyes were scanning my room. 

“Ha-ha, just decided it was about time to clean,” I stated. “So, what took you so long to get here? Thought you were just going to get some ice cream?”

Kim started to blush, “Ummm ... I got held up.”

With a grin I started to wiggle my eyebrows, “Elliot?”

Kimberly’s blushed face turned pale, “What?! No!” She shrieked as she looked at me in horror. 

I become confused, “I thought he was your boyfriend, I mean that is why he put these roses in your locker, right?”

Kimberly shook her head, “No, no ... trust me, Elliot is not my boyfriend.”

“Then who is?” I asked with curiosity burning through me. 

Kim’s eyes were swirling with doubt, and the way she was nibbling at her bottom lip made me feel as if she was afraid to tell me. 

I was about to ask her again, when my phone rang. Growling, I picked it up, but not before giving Kimberly a look, clearly meaning that I want to continue our conversation after the call. 

“Hello?” I quizzed as I picked it up. 

“Hey Brie,” a male’s voice spoke. 

“Mason?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh, hey, what’s up?”

“Well, I was going to call and tell you what happened in the meeting, but I was in the neighborhood and decided to stop by your house.” 

Quickly I stood up, “You are at my house?!”

A light chuckle was sounded on the other end, “Yeah, can you open the door?” He asked. 

With quickness I left my room and went to the front door. Sure enough when I opened it, there stood Mason with his cell phone clutched to his ear. When he saw me, Mason closed the phone. “Hey.”

<><><><><><><><><><><>

A filler chapter, but the next chapter is going to be epic! (Yes, stuff is going to go down!)

Edited by: Victoria (aka pcgeeksquadgirl)