Chapter 22. Ally

Chapter 22. Ally

“Rise and shine asshole!”

Van sputtered and blinked in a confused daze as I lowered the now empty bucket I used to dump water on her. It took a while before she was able to assess the situation. When her eyes made contact to my face, the insane girl smiled widely, as if she was on a vacation instead of being tied to a chair on an empty room. There was no doubt that it was going to be interesting.

“Where are we? And who are you again?” she sneered, trying to get her wet hair away from her face by moving her head. “Sorry I didn’t catch your name. I was busy shooting you back there.”

I returned her smile. “You can call me Cybele, or master if you prefer that. After all, you are my new pet.” My eyes traveled around the room, making her do the same. “And where we are doesn’t really matter. Right here, right now, you are in my domain. That means you are to follow me or else.”

“Or else what?” she said with a challenging tone, not quite understanding fully what I was capable of.

“You die.” Crossing the room in long strides, I was in front of her in five seconds. “Now where were we?” I said with a snap of my fingers. “Oh yeah! I want to get back at you for being the nasty slug you were. As you said, you did shoot me, and it hurts. My Talia’s fingers were burned because of you, not to mention Brooke will have a scar on her ankle because of your little trap.”

Van smirked, looking proud of her handiwork as I said her crimes one by one. She wouldn’t be smiling after I was done with her. I took a lighter out of my pocket, flicking it open just under her nose.

“You’re going to burn me alive with that? Surely you can do better than a lighter,” she taunted. “I recommend using gasoline before setting me on fire.”

“I’m not going to kill you Vanessa. I need you. But we’re going to have so much fun, you and I.” The smile was wiped from her face. She wasn’t expecting this. “Tell me… How attached are you to that blonde hair?” She didn’t answer and just stared at me like I was an alien. “From what I’ve gathered, your deceased mother had the same color of hair. I wonder what you’ll do if I burn it?”

“Fuck you Cybele!” she snarled, her eyes glaring murderously at me. But she couldn’t do a thing. She was tightly bound on the chair.

“I’ll only fuck one woman and that’s not you.” Closing the lighter with a flick of my finger, I returned it to my back pocket with a smile. My prisoner breathed a sigh of relief.  I took out the next item from my other pocket which was a utility knife, holding the blade close to her throat just as she did when we were in the forest. Blood slowly trickled from her neck, down to her chest.

Her eyes went up to me. “Do it! What are you waiting for?!”

I lowered the knife, watching her look at me with obvious curiosity. “You’re such in a hurry to die.” Kneeling in front of her, I rolled the end of her jeans all the way to her knees. “I know that you’re the one who set up the bear trap. Unfortunately, it hurt my best friend,” I murmured. Without warning, I pierced her left shin with the knife, taking care not to dig deeply. Blood immediately oozed out, followed by Van’s loud screams.