Chapter 4. Funny Games

Talia has adapted to life inside the prison I’ve created for her. I hated to call it that since thinking of her as my prisoner always made me feel sick inside. But I didn’t have a choice.

To make her stay worthwhile, I taught her how to cook simple meals. I had to prepare everything at night of course. Making her slice something using a knife was totally out of the question though. Even though I knew she wouldn’t really hurt me, I had to be careful.

Who knows? Maybe she’d go berserk and use the knife against me. So yeah, I secretly sliced all the ingredients needed while she was asleep.

She also laundered all her clothes and cleaned the place up. Just the third floor mind you. I wouldn’t allow her on any other floors because she might escape. Cleaning was good exercise for her. Not only did it give her something to do, it also taught her humility. Something the queen didn’t have.

“You know,” she said while getting the clothes from the dryer and placing it on the basket. “I’ve been here for 2 months, but I feel like I still don’t know you.”

I was currently sitting on the counter and turned in her direction. “That’s because you’re not supposed to know me princess. You’re supposed to just do my bidding and shut that mouth of yours.”

She rolled her eyes at me and set the basket down on the floor. “Since when have you been lesbian Cybele?” Her question caught me off guard. I didn’t think that she took note of that.

“Since I was ten,” I said. “What about you? Since when have you been lesbian?” It was a trick question. I knew all too well when she became like that.

She gave me an impatient stare. “I already told you didn’t I? I’m straight as a pole Cybele. Unlike some people, I’m sure with my sexuality.”

“Want to bet on that?” I asked.

“Go ahead,” she said while placing her hands on her waist. “But I want to up the stakes. How about we bet on something else, something more challenging?”

Now she got my attention. I wonder what the princess was thinking of. “Go ahead,” I said. “What would you like to wager on?” An impish smile spread on her face, making her gray eyes twinkle and her thin lips widen. “Let’s play a game of cards. If you win, you can make me do anything. Anything at all.”

“And if you win?” I asked while cocking my head to the side. “You’ll do as I tell you,” she said.

“Why the hell would I do that?” I chuckled. “I can always command you to do things for me. In case you haven’t noticed, you don’t really have a choice. So no, I’m not going to consent on your crazy idea Talia.”

“You’re just scared that I may win Cybele,” she smirked. “What? Cat got your tongue?” she said when I didn’t reply. I swung myself down from the counter and stood on my feet. I walked to her and leaned down until we were eye-to-eye. “You’ll allow me to do anything with you if I win?”

“Yes,” she said breathlessly while staring me in the eyes. The subtle gulp that she made didn’t escape my vision. She was always like this. She wanted to overcome battles she could never win.

“What if I tell you to kiss me? Will you allow it?”

Her eyes darted to the side. I could see her thinking hard about this. After a moment she said, “Yes. I’ll allow you to kiss me or touch me if you win. But if I do, you’ll also do as I say.”