Stay : Chapter 70 (Mind Game)

Chapter 70 : Mind Game

I was right. Mom scolded me, sometimes even pinching me, until dawn.

No. Not dawn…ALMOST dawn. She just stopped when Brandon, my step-father, stopped her saying I had enough for the night. It’s the first time I heard his voice. His voice sounded like he’s already in his 50’s and his scent have those millionare’s scent.

He didn’t say anything to me and left the room. Mom finally spared me and insisted I wash first before going to sleep like nothing happened.

0=0==0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

I know I still have atleast two hours before my alarm ring but why is my cellphone ringing?

“Hello?” I answered with a hoarse voice.

“Mikaela Quibuyen, I never thought you don’t have one word” Jared said.

“Huh?” my head‘s still fuzzy.

“You said you’ll play to my mom’s birthday party when I found your mom. And now you got your share of the deal you will abandon my share of our deal?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“OUR DEAL! You never contacted with. You won’t answer my calls”

“Sorry. I just had to fix some things but everything’s alright now. When would you like to practice?” I asked half-asleep.

“Later, meet me at the library. If you don’t show up…I will really be mad and write things at your piano!” then he hung up.

What did he say?

I was too sleepy so I didn’t replay it to my head and went straight to dream express.

=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

*SCHOOL*

“YOU TWO!! Don’t you know how Tim and I fought last night because Tim kept taking Hiro’s side and me to your side and now you two are fine?!?” Queenie shouted in our ears.

“It’s your fault, who told you to fight because of us?” Hiro smugly said.

I nudge him on the ribs. “I thought you want us to be ok again? Now you don’t want to?”

“I’m happy for both of you but you could’ve atlease waited till Tim and I are ok before you two are ok” Queenie said.

“You’re being silly. You know that right?” Hiro asked.

“WHATEVER!!” Queenie shouted and left both of us.

I nudge Hiro again. “You should’ve atleast be nice to her. If it weren’t for us, they won’t be fighting”

Hiro just laughed. “Let’s eat after school. Let’s celebrate!!”

0=0==0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

*LIBRARY*

I just opened the door to the music room when Jared’s scent hit me and our conversation earlier this morning replayed to my head.

“Oh shoot I forgot!!” I shouted.

“What?” Jared asked.

“We’re practicing here! How long are we going to practice?”

“Why?”

“I have something to do afterwards”

“Maybe three hours will be good” he said.