Stay : Chapter 61 (Peeking Sun)

Chapter 61 : Peeking sun

*Mikaela's POV*

"Hello?" a voice from the front door called. The voice is too weak, or I'm just too tired with all the crying that I can't figure out who was in the door.

"Hello?" this time I'm sure it's a woman and it sounds familiar but I don't care.

I closed my eyes and continued sleeping.

When I woke up, I'm not lying on the floor but on a comfortable bed. I tried to get up but my head hurts and I feel really tired.

"Finally" Aunt Lin said.

"Aunt Lin" I said but it came out as a hoarse whisper.

"What happened? Your mom called saying you're at your house alone. When I went there your front door's open and your things are gone. I panic so I called

the police but when the police called your mom, your mom said she moved and you live by yourself now. What happened Miks?" Aunt Lin worriedly asked.

"She...she left me" I whispered.

"What do you mean she left you? For how long? Where did she went?"

"Aunt Lin..." I groped for her hands until I found it. "Have dad said anything about me...anything about me?"

"What about you? What will he tell me?" Aunt Lin asked, surprised by my sudden action.

"I don't know...anything. A secret about me you shouldn't tell me...anything"

"No...what secret would that be? What's happening to you Miks?"

"Mom said I'm my dad's daughter on other woman...Please if you know everything please tell me" I begged.

"WHAT? You're not your mom's daughter?" Aunt Lin's also shocked.

"So...you don't really know anything?"

"No...I don't know that. Your dad never mentioned it to me when I visit your house. I doubt he will even tell me since I'm just a family friend. But is it really true?"

I held my head between my hands like my head will explode anytime soon. "I don't know. I'm not sure. I can't tell. I don't know if it's just an excuse so she can run away from me"

Aunt Lin didn't talk and just hug me while I'm crying.

0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

"Miks, you should just stay at my house and rest there. I can give you an allowance, you don't have to work here anymore" Aunt Lin said when we stop at the library.

"I don't want to bother you Aunt Lin and I really like working here" I said.

"But-"

"I'm ok" I said then went out of the car.

I was having a hard time finding the main door because I left my cane but luckily Jack saw me and helped me in.

"Shouldn't you be at school at this time?" Jack asked while guiding me inside.

I just smile. "Can you help me to the music room?"

Jack agreed and brought me there. He helped me sat in front of the piano and left me there.

The truth is, it's not just that I don't want to be a burden to Aunt Lin or my pride...I just really need to play the piano. It's the only way I can calm down. To think things through.

I started to play one of my father's pieces. While playing my tears started to fall again. I did nothing but cry this past few days.

Why would mom say that? Is she really that sick to take care of me? Or it's just the truth?