Stay : Chapter 53 (Rain's Story)

Chapter 53 : Rain's Story

"I'm really sorry about last night. I can't believe I was that dumb to say that to you" Hiro said, holding my hand while we're sitting at the living room with Angel on our feet, eating her food.

"I was also wrong, I called you lazy" I said.

"Your right, I really am one"

His hands are so cold it scares me.

"Why are you so cold?" I asked.

"Well...It rained last night and I went straight here after 3 hours drive anywhere. I sat outside waiting for you. I even tried to knock but your mother already saw me and opened the door. I asked if I can see you but she said your still not home, so I waited outside. I fell asleep and when I woke up your mother is glaring at me. She ordered me to leave before she called the cops, so I pretend I did but just drove a block away then I came back after she left. I knocked again but no one's answering so I thought you're still not home and I was so worried"

"I slept at Queenie's. I'm sorry, I didn't know you're here the whole night" I apologized.

"Mika, stop saying sorry because I should be the one who should" he said.

"No. I'm sorry I lost it last night. Everything just explodes inside me. Especially...the fact Nivea knew where you were all this time"

"You're not the only one who's surprised...but she's Nivea after all" Hiro said.

"What do you mean?"

"She'll do everything she can to get what she wants, even hiring someone to find me"

"Find you? You haven't told her?"

"No, I was surprised when I saw you with her her"

"But the guard knew her" I said, not believing Hiro.

"Everyone knows her in the gambling world. Her father's a very good player in legal and illegal gambling"

"Their family's that powerful?" I asked with too much enthusiasm that it easily give me away.

"Just ask and don't hold back" Hiro said.

"What about the kiss at the clinic?" I hesitantly asked. It's one of my darkest moments.

"I didn't kiss back" he childishly said.

"But you let her"

"Her face are full of band aids and so are her arms, I don't know where to push"

I didn't speak.

"Ok, that's a lame excuse" he admitted.

"Why did you let her?" I asked again.

"I don't know" he whispered.

"You promised to be honest with me" I said. "No matter how you think it will hurt me just tell me the truth"

After a long minute of silence he sighed.

"You already know I liked her back then, even when she's my brother's girl. When she kissed me back at the clinic, I admitted I felt a feel of...I don't know...accomplishment? I always wanted to do that to her, it's even close to dream" he laughed to himself.

"But after that 'accomplishment' feeling, I felt something else" Hiro said.

I braced myself for the hardest part, reality that he still loves her.

"There's sadness. Like she don't want to do it, like she's FORCED to do it. So I was about to ask her when she stop but the nurse already stopped her. When we got out of the clinic I remembered you so I said goodbye but she said she still feel dizzy so we use her car and I drove her home"