Stay : Chapter 68 ('Is it really over?')

Chapter 68 : ‘Is it really over?’

“What happened?” Tim asked.

Queenie sat beside me and hug me. “Are you ok?”

“We…He…He gave up. It’s…It’s over” I said between sobs.

“I’ll go after him, Queenie, take Mika home” then he left.

“It’s alright…It’s alright. Everything will be alright. He’s just shocked. He’ll come to himself after Tim talked to him ok?” Queenie said, consoling me.

Queenie hug me while crying. Her sleeves are wet with my tears. Tim didn’t comeback.

“Let’s go. Seems like Tim won’t be returning” Queenie said but I just continued to cry.

“Let’s go Miks, people are already staring” she said then made me stand up, carrying half of my weight while walking.

We got into her car and I didn’t stop crying. We arrive outside our house and I went out of the car without saying goodbye.

I’m still having trouble looking where my room is since this new house is super big and I’m still unfamiliar with it so I just searched for an empty room at the first floor and I cried there the whole night.

One of the servants found me and called my mom. Mom came saying she thought I didn’t came home and asks me what’s wrong. When I didn’t answer she ordered me to go to my own room but when she finally realize that I have no strength to even stand up, she made one of the drivers to carry me to my room where I sleep while crying for I don’t know how long.

I know this is not the first time that me and Hiro fought and broke up but it’s the first time that he gave up on me. The first time he finally said that he’s tired of me. Deep in my heart I knew this would happen someday, that Hiro will grow tired of me. What I didn’t know is how painful it will be.

I didn’t go out of the room (or the bed) for the whole weekend. Queenie and Tim keep calling every hour and Jared call 3 times a day but I ignored them all. (My phone has that feature that when someone called, it will say the caller’s name)

Sunday night when mom came personally with a tray of foods because I’ve refuse to eat for this past few days.

“Mikaela, I’m not happy of what you’re doing to yourself. If it’s a guy problem move on, now eat!” mom angrily ordered.

“Mom…I…”

“No I no But’s…Pull yourself! Tomorrow you’ll be going to school and act right! You’re now part of the Pendelton family and what you do reflects me and your Uncle Brandon. Eat and I’ll send someone to check on you every hour so be good. Eat all of this and do your homework or whatever” she said then left.

I thought I’ll be getting some motherly advice…guess I’m wrong. Only caring about what other people will say…guess my mom didn’t change that much. I lied down again.

“Miss, please eat” a woman with a husky voice said.

“I didn’t notice you’re there” I said.

The woman coughed. “Please eat”

“I don’t want to. Please put it away” I said then lied again.

“Please Miss. Other maids who brought you food and came back with your food uneaten got fired. I can’t afford that. I have my grand sons and daughters in my house and I can’t lose this job” she said.

Great. Pressure.

I sat and tried to find the spoon and fork but the woman gave it to me.

“Thank you” she said.