Stay : Chapter 2 (Rain STORM?)

Chapter 2 : Rain STORM?

I'm still pissed when the teacher arrived. Angel keeps reaching for me; she must have felt my mood. The class went well and so my other classes. Now I'm on my last period then I'll have to go to the city library.

I work there as a library assistant. Mrs. Potts is kind enough to let me help there as a working student even though I'm blind. I'm in charge of cleaning the tables and putting the books in the counter so that the other working students will just put it on the shelves.

I really need this part time job to earn some money for my daily expenses and transportation, because my mom doesn't give me allowance ever since dad died. I guess she's still mad at me. But I know it'll pass, and then we'll be back to how we were. Happy.

I was about to be lost in my own train of thought when I smelled the rain again.

"Is it raining?" I asked my seatmate, Dana.

"No, it's really sunny right now, and the windows are close. Why?" she asked.

Before I can answer, Mr. Rufus got our attention by coughing too loudly to be a real cough.

"Okay guys. This young man is a new transfer in our school. " Mr. Rufus said. Even before he said anything, the girls in our room, including Dana, are already excitedly murmuring. Another loud cough from Mr. Rufus made them stop.

"Okay! Why don't you introduce yourself to them" Mr. Rufus said obviously pissed.

"Can't you just do it?" Oh! He's the rude guy from 1st period!

"Mr. Sonza, it will be better if you do it" Mr. Rufus said. Oh uh, he's new but he's already pissing Mr. Rufus. He'll fail this class. I'm sure of it. Mr. Rufus is not the one you should mess around.

Sonza, the rude guy sigh then spoke.

"My name's Hero. I'm new here. Anything else?" he asked rudely. He's soooo not going to graduate this year.

"Hero? As in you'll be MY hero to the prom?" Sheila, our schools queen B, asked Hero using her overly sexy voiced. It's obvious how she's trying to hard to sound sexy.

"No. Hero as in H-I-R-O, but I'll be happy to be your hero to the prom" Hiro teased making the girls in our class melt in jealousy.

"and prom is still AGES away" Mr. Rufus interjected. "Thank you Mr. Sonza that will be all. Please pick your seat and we'll start the class after I got back." Mr. Rufus said heading for the door then his scent disappeared.

Then the "Here! Here! Sit here!" song began. Even Dana sang the song. Then I felt the seat beside me move. Then the song ended. Dana squeak so loud that made my ears hurt. She's even clapping.

"Why does these school allowed street dogs inside?" Hiro said. That made me face his direction frowning. Before I can answer him, Dana already answers him.

"She's not a street dog. She's Mikaela's guide dog." Dana said softly trying not to let me hear it, but I have the sharpest ears in this class, maybe even in the whole school.

Mr. Rufus returned from the class then everyone went silent, except Hiro.

"Sir, can't you put the dog out? I'm not comfortable having this dog here." Hiro said. This time I didn't looked at him. I just hold Angel's collar tightly. I won't let them kick her out.

"That will be impossible Mr. Sonza, because that dog is Ms. Quibuyen's and Ms. Quibuyen needs the dog." Mr. Rufus said while preparing some papers.

"Why would you need this dog? And why are you wearing sun glasses inside the room? You know you're being silly. I'm telling you, you don't look cool at all" Hiro said. I heard the entire class laughed under their breath, the loudest was Sheila's. I hardened my face then faced him.