Stay : Chapter 59 (Barbecue)

Chapter 59 : Barbecue

Mikaela's POV

"It's late. Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"Uhmmm...My friend's dad invited me to their house for a barbecue. C-Can I go?" I nervously asked. It's the first time after dad died, that she actually talked to me without that tone that she always use to blame me for dad's death.

"No problem with that. It's good you have friends to take care of you"

"Take care of me? Why? Are you going somewhere? Business trips?"

"How will you get there? Are you bringing Angel?" Mom asked not answering my questions.

"No, Hi-...well...a friend will-" I hesitated. I don't know if admitting I have a boyfriend will change mom's tone again.

"I know the guy with the motorcycle is your boyfriend. I'm not dumb Mikaela"

"Sorry" I whispered.

*DING DONG*

"And that must be your boyfriend. Well go ahead. You have your keys with you right?" Mom said while pushing me to the door.

"Ah...Yeah. I'll be going now then. Bye" I said opening the door.

"Bye" Mom said then closed the door before Hiro can greet her.

"Wow, still not fond of me" Hiro said when we're at his bike.

"Actually, she's nice to me today. Odd I know" I said then we rode away.

0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=

"Oh Hello!" Queenie greeted us at the gate.

"Queenie?" I surprisingly said.

"Don't be obvious that you're surprised. Hiro, you too. Tim and I are good so come on in" Queenie said.

"Good? As in you two are good...." I hesitated.

"Friends. Yes friends but don't worry. Everything's fine now and we both talked about it. Come on in" Queenie said taking my other hand because Hiro's holding my other hand.

"Hiro, your friends are here" Queenie said while guiding me to the garden.

"Who?" Hiro asked, surprised.

"I didn't really quite catch all their name because it's too Asian for my little brain to catch but all I can say is...Mika and I are the only girls in this party" Queenie said, amused.

When we got to the garden, Hiro kissed my hand and went to his friends.

"Well, that's your boyfriend, leaving you when he sees his friends" Queenie whispered.

I laughed. "Don't make me feel bad. He hasn't seen them for awhile now. They deserve some 'friend' time"

"And we also do!" Queenie said and pulled me from from the crowd while I laugh.

She found an empty bench and we sat there.

"So how did you two made up?" I asked.

"Well, he called me and told me that he understand what I feel and apologized and I accepted"

"So does that mean that you don't like him anymore?"

"No. As a matter of facts I think I love him. But I won't push through anymore and...just continue my life"

"Sounds easy" I said.

"But it's not. I know. But I still thank him...for proving to me that love does exist. Not in my parent's heart maybe, but alteast I know I have one in mine"