Chapter 31: Leo

- . .- .-. ...

Leo sat in Bunker Nine, his head in his hands. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, but that was nothing new to the son of Hephaestus this past week. He returned to camp, numbly watching as they lit his lover's funeral pyre aflame. He could've sworn he saw Nico's ghost go up with the smoke, but he shook his head at himself. He knew he was going crazy. What else would explain it.

It was late as Leo trudged through the woods, the only wish in his head for Hazel to go back to Camp Jupiter and leave Leo the Hades cabin to greave. Bunker Nine was nice, but it wasn't him. Something be couldn't get enough of these days: his too big sweatshirt, his blankets, his cabin, his bed, his smell, his life, him.

Leo swatted at his eyes, his feet getting heavier each moment with sadness and exhaustion. The woods swallowed him fully, there darkness encompassing him. He felt at home here more than ever, the shadows reminding him of the lost life. The lost love.

He stopped suddenly when he heard a twig snap behind him. His breathing was uneven as he focused on listening.

"Just a stupid squirrel. But if it's actually a monster, I won't mind if it kills me."

"Leo," he tensed up upon hearing his voice, "please don't say that." His voice was so full of pain, but Leo couldn't bring himself to regret what he said. Instead he straightened his shoulders, put on his strong and happy façade, and walked onward, reaching the edge of the woods before his voice spoke again.

"Lelo, just look at me."

"I-I can't Neeks. You're gone. I can't handle it."

"Leo Valdez. Please," he begged. Leo hesitantly turned around. His love was there, but he was nothing more than a ghost. Tears bled from his eyes, unable to comprehend why him.

"Tell me you chose Elysium. Please."

"Yes."

"I'll see you soon, Neeks. I love you."

And with that Leo sprinted off.

Leo snapped out of his flashback, tears streaming from his eyes heavily. He looked back to the stack of paper next to him. He had been putting down every single idea that came to him so that his siblings could work on it.

He picked up the last clean page, and started writing, a sad smile on his face.

"Soon," he whispered, continuing to write. "Soon."

A/N: Hi. Things have been difficult. This paper I'm supposed to be writing is awful. This is awful. Life is awful.
Oh well.

You all are little shits I'm not changing the story line in celebration. Do you guys wanna do a giant oovoo/skype session or something? Maybe individual skype sessions for half an hour? Something like that? I'm not changing the story.

Go read Across the World. It's wayyy happier than this.

I love all of my demons, though they are pieces of shit.
Love,
~Brie