Chapter 22: Jason

.. - .----. ... / -- -.-- / ..-. .- ..- .-.. -

Jason was still in shock when Percy started talking to Leo. He couldn't come to terms with what they had found out. He glared at his hand with complete contempt, unable to process how it had inflicted so much pain on a friend. Sure it was absolutely merciless when it came to monsters, but friends? Never in a million years had he thought of hurting a friend when he wasn't possessed.

Tuning back into the present, Jason turned his attention to the scene unfolding in fronting his eyes.

"Wait 'till Nico gets back, okay?" Leo said, his face full of regret.

"Fine," Percy muttered darkly, clearly pissed off. Nico walked back to the group, throwing a towel at Jason so he could clean the blood off his hand. Jason shot Nico a thankful glance wiping off his hand.

"So why did Lex tell you two specifically the warning about Hazel?" Percy asked the two younger boys.

"Percy," Leo began, "You have to promise not to tell and not to judge. Can you do that?"

"Yeah, sure. Why?"

"'Cause Nico and I- We're- I mean- The two of us-" Leo tried to speak before Nico cut him off.

"We're gay," he spat as though the words had a sour taste. "And apparently my sister is homophobic. Happy now?"

Percy stood there in shock as Nico's breathing became uneven. Jason watched as Leo turned to him, trying to calm him.

"C'mon Nico, it's okay. You don't need to have an attack right now. I'm still here."

"Attack?" Percy asked Jason.

"Either panic or anxiety. Seen it happen before. If Leo can't calm him, he'll pass out," Jason responded quietly. Percy looked at him wide eyed. Jason just shrugged before grabbing his forearm and dragging him below deck.

"Jason what's up?"

"Well, the more people around Nico the more he'll freak out. And anyway, I think we both need to talk to Lex." Percy nodded before following Jason down the corridor to where Lex was in the infirmary.

"Hey," Jason said, sitting in the seat across from Lex, Percy next to him.

"Go away," she whispered, her voice filled with guilt. She had taken off her shirt, leaving her in a black tank top which showed off her scars. "I can see you both staring," she whispered sadly causing Percy to grab her hand reassuringly.

"What's the matter Lex?" He asked kindly, still clutching her hand. She looked at him, her dark eyes swirling with emotion.

"I'm alive," she whispered, but continued before either if the boys could cut her off. "Annabeth's gone. I practically killed your girlfriend. And you haven't even talked to me about it. I just can't do it." Jason watched her deflate even more, sadness welling up in his chest. Using her free hand she started to scratch her scars, the need for her to cut overwhelming. Percy placed his hand over her arm and stared into her eyes. Jason watched as the two have a silent conversation. Finally, he decided that giving them privacy would be the best, so he left and power walked to his room where he laid on his bed. He sat there for awhile until an Iris-Message popped up.

"Jason!" Piper cried, feeling relieved.

"Hey Pipes," he said, lacking her enthusiasm.

"Who was that died?" She asked in a sad tone, instantly picking up on the reason he was down.

"Annabeth," he said, inaudible.

"Jason, you have to speak up or else I can't hear-"

"Annabeth!" he cried. "It was Annabeth," he added in a whisper. "Tell her siblings to prepare a shroud."

"Oh my gods, how's Percy? He can't be well."

"He's not the worse one on this bloody boat."

"Who is?"

"Lex. She tried to commit suicide." Piper didn't even know who Lex was, but Jason could tell that she was struck dumb by this.

"I should go Pipes. Love you," Jason said.

"Love you too Superman," she said before he cut the connection.

Jason sat in his room awhile longer until he heard the intro of one of his favorite songs coming from above deck. Thunder by Boys Like Girls was playing and in the center of the deck Leo and Nico stood dancing, Leo singing along, Nico laughing and smile happily.

Jason sigh and smiled, humming to the tune, as he power walked back into his room, happy for his best friend.

Holy schist this is up quick.

OVER 3.2K READS THANK YOU ALL YOU WEE DEVILS.

Dedication: surprisingly NicodiAngelofan. Congrats!

QOTC: In HOO, one of the main characters in Tartarus is Bob. What is Bob's story?

ILY and BYEEEEE!

~Cassandra di Lucifer (my new evil name)

And shout out to my counterpart Gilan Crowley for the wonderful idea of adding power walking to intense scenes to make them quite funny. Ily girl.