Chapter 18: Percy

-.. --- -. .----. - / --. --- [Tissue warning]
Percy ran to the deck, falling beside a baffled Annabeth and Leo, Jason hot on his heels.
"Looks like you were right Leo. They are the banes of our fathers," Percy forced out.
"There's Nico and woah she's tall!" Leo exclaimed. Percy followed Leo's finger to see the two figures in the distance. Lex looked up, before pulling Nico into a shadow and disappearing.
"Hey guys!" A voice yelled from behind them, causing them all to jump. Nico and Lex stood there, Lex holding Nico on his feet. Percy instantly noticed the differences in the boy. His usual deep and intimidating eyes were hollow and empty. He slumped even more than usual. He was paler and skinner than he had been when he was taken.
"Nico!" Leo yelled, relief filling his voice as he ran over and embraced the boy. Nico's arms clutched at Leo's back, as though if he held him loosely he would be taken from him. Percy remembered clutching Annabeth the same way after he found her after Luke had kidnapped her.
"We gotta go fight those giants. We can't leave them to attack Camp Jupiter. Sure there are awful people there, but a lot of them are my friends. C'mon."
Before anyone else could move, Lex sprinted up to the bow of the boat before she jumped off, hurtling her towards Polybotes. "C'mon, friend! I need your help here to keep your child alive!" Lex screamed as a lightning bolt struck the same time and place where Lex had shoved her sword into Polybotes flesh. She laughed evilly, grinning like a maniac as he disintegrated. "One down."
Annabeth soon ran after her, facing Porphyrion. "Boyfriend!" She called through gritted teeth. "A little help."
"Sure thing darling!" Percy responded, sliding down the side of the boat. He sprinted towards the pair when he saw what he regretted most happen. Porphyrion struck Annabeth with his sword, making her collapse. If that wasn't enough, he zapped her with lightning.
"Annabeth!" Percy cried, sprinting towards her. Lex and Jason faced Porphyrion, taking him down and going to aid Leo with Mimas. They eventually joined Percy, who was crouching over a barely conscience Annabeth.
"Annabeth!" Lex yelled, "You were supposed to be extra careful! You were supposed to stay behind me! I am supposed to be there while you're here! Why would you go against Porphyrion on your own?" By this point, Lex was sobbing, clutching Annabeth's hand. "I've never had many friends, Annie," she whispered, her voice thick with tears, "but you've made up for it. Tell my brother you say hi when you see him." She kissed Annabeth on the forehead before she walked away, standing in the center of the field.
She titled her head upward, tears steadily streaming down her face. She extended her arms, closing her eyes. Her hands began to glow black, and she touched her hair, then her shirt, her pants, and her finally her Converses. Her appearance changed in front of the group. She was suddenly in black slacks, a black t-shirt with a black coat. Her Converses were now black, and her hair was done up fancily, pieces of it had gone black. She turned and looked at the group, her tears no longer clear but black as night. Lex's new appearance suited her: Lex, the Daughter of Darkness. She looked at them sadly, before turning her back on them and walking through the field, seemingly talking to someone who wasn't there.
"You and she will get along well," Annabeth whispered to Percy. "You two should get together, I've already given her permission. She'll help you get through this. Seeing as I can't." Annabeth chuckled weakly, which turned into a cough, which stained her lips red. Percy clutched her hand, crying enough tears to fill two Ponds, a River, an ocean where a Rose was left on its beach.
Percy grasped her hand, wishing there was something more he could do. He knew her injuries couldn't even be healed by Apollo.
"Goodbye Percy," she whispered.
"No, no, no! Annabeth stay with me!" He pleaded, sobbing. "Don't go," he whispered.
"I love you Percy. I always will," Annabeth whispered, barely audible.
"I love you too, Annabeth," he whispered back, placing his forehead on hers.
She released her final breath, her body sinking into the ground.
"We should take her back to camp," Leo said, scrambling up the ladder to open the hatch so he could collect Annabeth's body. Percy kissed her lips, his heart breaking at their lack of life.
"Goodbye Wise Girl," he whispered, walking over to Lex. She saw him approach her, and she gave him a devastated look. She opened her arms for him, as he great fully stood in her embrace. She buried her face in the crook of his neck, seeing as he was three inches taller than her. They cried together, their sorrow enveloping the two. Soon Lex broke away and sprinted to the other side of the field. She raised her hands, which were glowing black again, and darkness shot from her hands. She screamed a soul crushing scream, the weight of the world on her shoulders. She released even more darkness, creating a cloud, until she was completely surrounded by it.
"Lex!" Percy yelled, trying to get the girl to calm down. The darkness dropped to reveal her sobbing on her knees. He walked over to her, holding her close. She muttered soothing words to her and comforted her. Finally she was calm enough to talk to him.
"They already left," she said, causing Percy to search for the Argo II. "They expect me to shadow travel back up there and bring you along. Let's go before I break down again." She grabbed his hand and trudged into the nearest shadow. They appeared on deck, emerging from the shadow.
Lex looked at Percy, finally checking if he was okay. He had a nice slice on his wrist as well as other cuts and bruises.
Her hand began to glow black again as she placed her hand over the slice on his wrist. It healed, the darkness knitting it together as though it were sewing the fabric of reality. She noticed his torn and dirty garments, which she also tapped with her glowing hand. His shirt became a black T-Shirt, his jeans a pair of plain black pants. She left his blue shoes alone, giving him a small smile. She then turned herself into darkness, giving her the privacy to mourn and grieve the loss of her best friend. Percy walked back to his cabin, where he eventually fell asleep.
Yeah I know. "There's no Leico in this it's a fucking Leico story you fucking suck!" But I broke Nico beyond repair. If he can't feel anything, how could he feel love? He couldn't now STFU.
Dedication: who do you
think? Shealinda duh.
QOTC: How was the story of Percy Jackson born?
GUYS I HAVE 1.4K READS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
BYEEE and ILY!!!!
~Brie