Chapter 24: Lex

.-- .... -.-- ..--..

Lex and Nico trudged to the infirmary together, Lex still silently gripping her arm as tears fell from her eyes. She was still extremely furious that Jason had managed to show everyone the scars she had from a long, long time ago, back before she knew she could heal herself. She didn't get why Nico hadn't figured out that she could handle herself, however, she didn't realize that if Nico hadn't ushered her out the and there, she would have been bombarded with questions. They picked up the pace, power walking down the halls until they reached the room.

"Why are you here?" Lex spat at Nico once they were there, causing the boy to flinch.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, but I'm not gonna ask anything." Lex looked relieved until Nico opened his mouth again.

Lair.

"You can heal those, right?" She wasn't expecting that question at all, it was almost as though he knew how it felt. She nodded slightly, staring at her blood soaked shirt.

Oh, whoops. Oh well.

"If you want I can grab you a shirt or something," Nico said, obviously noticing her staring. She was surprised at how caring Nico was if he actually trusted someone, was true friends with them. She shook her head and pulled off her shirt to reveal a black tank top she had underneath.

"You should get back to Leo," she whispered. He nodded, turned, and jogged out of the room, obviously quite worried for Leo.

Lex remained sitting on a cot, slouching, picking at her nails, doing her best not to let the bad thoughts drown her. I am the freaking daughter of Erebus, why am I so caught up in this crap? Just get the hell over it. You can leave once you get to this 'Camp'. Everything'll be fine, just hold yourself together. Lex continued battling herself until she noticed two people walk into the room.

"Hey," Jason said, sitting in the seat across from Lex, Percy next to him.

"Go away," she whispered, her voice filled with guilt. She noticed both of the boys eying her scars sadly but yet timidly. "I can see you both staring," she whispered sadly causing Percy to grab her hand reassuringly, making the grief even more prominent inside her.

"What's the matter Lex?" He asked kindly, still clutching her hand. Should I tell them the truth? They'll be able to see through any lies. I could stay silent, right? Not with those sea green eyes staring at me like that. Her mouth opened before she could stop it.

"I'm alive," she whispered, but continued before either of the boys could cut her off. "Annabeth's gone. I practically killed your girlfriend. And you haven't even talked to me about it. I just can't do it." Using her free hand she started to scratch her scars, the need for her to cut overwhelming. She just couldn't handle it anymore. Percy placed his hand over her arm and stared into her eyes. They began to have a silent conversation, speaking through the emotions in their eyes.

Get off.

No. No way.

I don't have anything sharp, bimbo.

Still. We're friends.

Doubt it.

C'mon Lex, spill.

Why?

'Cause I want what's best for you. We're friends.

"Jason's gone," she whispered, breaking their eye contact. His head whipped around, realizing that their friend had left the two alone. "You should go, too." She looked back into his eyes, both of them pleading, yet Percy's were also stern.

"No. Not until you tell me what exactly made you snap today," he said in a much harsher voice then he intended. He watched her recoil, pulling her knees to her chest, yanking her arm out of his grip and placing it around her. She soon began shaking, out of coldness but yet fear and sadness. Percy pulled off his sweatshirt and draped it around her. He hesitated slightly before wrapping his arms around her lightly. She leaned into his chest, tears drenching his shirt.

"I-It's his ann-anni-anniversary," she choked out between sobs.

"Whose?" he asked lightly, still holding her tightly.

"Nick's," she whispered. He instantly understood her sadness surrounding the day, and couldn't even try to relate. He mumbled sweet yet meaningless words in her ear, rocking back and forth, doing his best to comfort her in any way. She finally stopped crying and pulled away from Percy. She cursed herself for how weak she looked and how much of an idiot.

"Lex?" Percy asked, concerned.

"I'm fine," she mumbled, feeling like crap.

"You okay if I leave?" Her head snapped up as she looked at him.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I dunno, I just wanted to check." They sat in an awkward silence before he excused himself and left, but not before kissing her cheek. She felt a blush creep up into her checks, happy that he hadn't seen it.

Well, schist. That complicates things. Fudge-nuggets.

Lex sat on the bed, her head bowed, eyes shut in frustration, and her hands under her legs, trying to figure out her feelings toward Percy.

"Lex, can we come in?" She looked up at the noise and nodded wiping her face of emotion. She had already looked weak and even cried in front of Percy, and she didn't want a repeat.

"What's up?" She asked, wrapping her arms tightly around her.

"Wanted to check how you were doing," Leo replied.

"I'm holding up," she replied simply.

"Um, well, Lex. Lex, I have a question that I need to ask you," Nico said timidly.

"C'mon, spill the beans."

"Doyouwanttotalktoyourbrotheragain?" Nico forced out in one breath. Lex gave him a hard look.

"Did you just ask if I wanted to talk to my brother again?!" she asked, her voice dangerously low and aggressive. No one brought up Nick in such a way, and just from him mentioning it she felt rage boiling up inside her like magma.

"Yeah," Nico whispered, shrinking under her glare.

"Of course I do. Now why?" she demanded, her voice undeniably cold. Wow was I wrong about him. He isn't remotely nice, doesn't matter who you are.

"Well, I wanted to let you know that I am willing to, er, call up Nick's ghost if you wanna talk to him. Mind you last time I did this Leo was almost killed, so keep that in mind, but I'm willing to do it if you are." Lex's jaw dropped. She was absolutely speechless. She couldn't believe that Nico was willing to do that for her. She didn't know how to respond besides hugging him tightly.

"If you're willing to Nico, I don't care what the costs are for myself, I just wanna see my brother one last time." Nico smiled and nodded. They chatted a little more until Lex let out a yawn, causing the boys to excuse themselves and leave the infirmary.

When Lex laid down that night in the infirmary cot, she was still confused as a Cheetah in the streets of London. She was still upset, but not as upset before, more like a basketball player who missed a basket. But, for the first time since he passed, which felt like a forever ago, she was happy. And it was nice.

Hey y'all! Wassup my evil minions?!?!
Dedication: Real_thou
QOTC: When asked whether Jason or Percy is better, who does Uncle Rick choose? (I'm basing this off his twitter response, but if no one gets it oh well.)
I'm wicked excited cuz Lollypopsarenice is picking up all these reference I had hidden in here so yay!
4266 reads. Is this some sort if sick joke?! I mean, let's be real, I got troubled thoughts and the self esteem to match so this is nothing I ever expected so thank you all I love you. <3
BYEEEEEEE and ILY!!!!
~Me