Chapter 13: Lex

Possible tissue warning. [Lex!!!!]

.-- .... --- / .- -- / .. ..--..

Lex had heard about his case, and she knew she had to have it. Steal any of the cabin leaders from Camp-Half Blood, and break them. Turn them against their friends. Easy enough.

She looked through the file of leaders they had and she knew who to pick: Nico di Angelo. Sure he was strong, sure he could shadow travel and raise the dead, but he was one of the most damaged. The most breakable.

She and her special ops team, The Villains, kidnapped Nico. Easy. They then threw him in his cell. Simple. Now she was dragging him to his session with Octavian. She had answered all his questions, and now couldn't wait to hand him over to someone else. She was starting to feel bad for the boy. She couldn't let it happen.

She handed him to Octavian and took her seat in the corner of the room. She watched Octavian tie Nico's arms and legs down to a steel chair. He then turned the chair to face a screen. He picked up a remote and pushed a play button, showing a low def video, which was weird for Olympus TV. Hermes dealt with it for gods' sake!

Lex sat there, watching the video curiously. There was Plu-Hades with a woman, begging her to come with him and hide their children; Nico and his sister. The woman refused and went upstairs, when the house was blown apart by Zeus. Nico's mother lay died.

The video continued but Lex was distracted. Nico was sobbing. Something inside Lex just broke: Probably her resolve.

She knew what she had to do.

She had to bust Nico out of there.

*~~*

After his session with Octavian, Lex took Nico and brought him back to his room. He still hadn't stopped sobbing. Lex was actually glad of the others rude stereotypes and assumptions of her, for she could now do what she needed to do to help him escape without it being to suspicious.

The boy continued sobbing even after he had been in his room for hours. No one else was up, seeing as it was midnight, Lex shadow traveled into Nico's room.

"Hey," she whispered softly, gently putting her hand on his shoulder. He continued sobbing, but tried to quiet himself down.

"Shh honey. You can let it all out. It's okay." Nico kept crying as Lex wrapped him in a hug. After an hour he had stopped sobbing, however tears were still streaking down his face.

"Why are you here?" Nico asked harshly.

"You know how I told you I get too close to the prisoners?" He nodded. "I got too close to you," she whispered. "You reminded me of him," she continued tears streaking down her face.

"Who?"

"My brother. We were twins. He died three years ago. He was 14, and he was too young."

"What happened?"

"We were surrounded by monsters. He sacrificed himself so I could get away. He told me to run and that he would be right behind me. We had done it before, but that time just went wrong." She looked at Nico sadly. "He looked so much like you. It's quite astonishing."

"What was his name?"

"Nicholas. But everyone called him Nick. I called him Nicky." She sighed at the memory, lost in thought. "Anyway," she wiped at her tears "that's not why I'm here. I'm here to bust you out."

Nico perked up at this.

"How?"

"When your boyfriend comes. He and his friends. I know the prophecy. I heard your conversation. And I'm willing to be the one that the final line of the prophecy is about."