Chapter 27: Leo

let's hope i don't have to kill anyone

let's do this shit

fyi im doing a time skip because i dont feel like doing a time recap

if you were wondering why this is up this late it's because it was deleted. again. three times now. anyone got a spare bitch I could cut?

aaanywaaaay

**morse code**

Leo stood there, shocked at the sudden transportation to the meeting with the Gods. He stood there silently as he soon began to zone out. Leo kept having these... thoughts or something. Very dark and gruesome thoughts. All of them had to do with Nico in some way, but not this one.

This one was a new one. The times of it were skipping around and he didn't see Nico in it. Usually he could make things of it, but today he couldn't. He saw a burning building, which morphed to what seemed to be the campfire, to a burning shroud's last bit of fire that licked the sky dark sky. It then went to a dark night on the beach by himself, to his hands shaking as he tried to read a letter, which became himself writing a letter with a sad smile, before the wind whipping through his hair, finally to nothingness. Usually the visions ended by this point, but his head stayed in nothingness. He felt his body crumple beneath him, but he couldn't process anything. He couldn't even hear the others shouting at him.

He felt Apollo tap his head and he knew his eyes were open, but he couldn't see, he couldn't hear. He only knew it was Apollo because the darkness became brighter and he felt healing energy flow through his veins. But nothing happened. You knew it was bad when Apollo couldn't heal them, and Leo was beyond this level.

Because of the healing from Apollo, Leo could now feel the ground beneath his body, but he still could not make his body move, his eyes see, his ears hear clearly. He felt someone close his eyes, and he felt someone pick him up and place him on a what he decided was a gurney. He felt the it begin to move under him, probably to the Temple of Apollo.

Leo finally regained his hearing, what he presumed to be, that night. He heard the worried conversations that drifted in and out, people milling over his "corpse". Finally he heard the voice he was aching to hear: Nico. Nico and what sounded like Hephaestus walked into the room, pulling up chairs next to him. They started talking, both of them seemingly avoiding a topic, but what one, Leo had no idea. He never expected it to be himself.

"So..." Hephaestus started, "You and my son, huh?" Leo could just feel Nico getting flustered.

"U-Uh, ye-yes, I me-mean, if th-that's o-o-okay with yo-you." Nico sounded absolutely terrified, and Leo couldn't help but feel bad.

"You make him happy," the god said in a caring tone. "It's more than Calypso could've done." Leo felt his heart began to race. Don't tell him, Leo prayed, I didn't tell him purposely dad, don't tell him. Hephaestus didn't hear his son's prayer.

"What did she do to him? He said that she ran off with another guy, but it sounded like it was more than that." Hephaestus sighed.

"Leo loved her. He worked hard to get her released off that island and she ran off with a different demigod. You must know that Leo has self-esteem issues," I never told him that, "so this really made things bad. He ended up self harming, avoiding his wrists because of how exposed they were and instead going for his hips and thighs. You must have seen the scars." I don't wear booty shorts dad, c'mon.

Leo could tell that Nico was stunned silent, but Hephaestus just thought that the young demigod had nothing left to say. The god excused himself before he left, leaving Nico with Leo. Nico grabbed the older boy's hand and held on as though it was a lifeline. Leo felt Nico start to sob, and wanted nothing more to comfort the poor boy.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He choked out, his voice breaking. Leo wanted nothing more then to apologize. But he couldn't. He couldn't do anything.

"Please Leo," Nico whispered, sounding broken, "let me know you're okay. Give me a sign. Please." Leo was tired of being able to do nothing, so he tried and tried, and eventually forced his limp right hand to crush Nico's left one to make sure that there was no mistaking it as a hoax.

"Leo?" Nico croaked.

Leo forced his eyes open. His vision was blurry at first, but finally they focused on the boy in front of him.

"Hey," he whispered, before Nico wrapped his arms around him tightly, crying in the older boy's neck.

"I thought I lost you!" Nico cried.

"You didn't. I'm right here."

"But-"

"No buts. I'm okay." Leo pushed Nico off him, sitting up. He stared into Nico's watery eyes, and did the only thing he could think of doing.

He kissed him.

Gods this is short and this story has more plot holes than Swiss cheese agh.

This only has like 5 chapters left so sorry. :/ Maybe an epilogue if you're lucky.

I'm writing a different story after this so stay tuned.

And sorry that this is short and stupid and late and ugh.

And my video won't upload.

Anyone got a spare bitch I can cut?

And this has also been influenced by my Jam Time playlist on spotify which is really dark. I'm BrieCassedy if you want to check me out.

See y'all later, lil' demons.

~ Brie :)

OVER 14K I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN PANIC! AT THE DISCO