Chapter 29: Leo

-.. . .- - .... ..--..
Nico and Leo left for the cabin the day before their anniversary. Both of their cheeks were burning red and Leo's nose kept setting on fire as the rest of the Seven reminded them to "use protection". Nico quickly shadow traveled them away as the group laughed hysterically. It was great to see them happy again, though they were obnoxious as can be.
The cabin was on the side of a mountain overlooking a beautiful lake. The cabin itself was black as night, shimmering in the golden sunlight. It was magnificent and looked as though it costed millions to build. The boys stared in awe as the relinquished in the scene before them. They couldn't believe that Hades had simply given them this, all because he was happy for his son and his beloved. It was settled at this point: Hades was awesome.
The fates hadn't thrown any real obstacles at the boys, making them a much happier pair. Life was on the right track for everyone now. Grieving was at its minimum, the cabin was wonderful, they were alone. No one to talk to. They didn't have to worry about the people who would walk in on their make out sessions, that was extremely annoying.
Leo grabbed Nico's hand, pulling him towards the front doors. They swung open on their own, revealing the majestic but modern interior. Much like Camp Jupiter, Venti were there to serve the boys any kind of meal they wanted. Life couldn't get better.
Nico and Leo spent the day exploring their new home, ecstatic for the change of scenery. Sure they both loved Camp, but sometimes it was a bit much.
As Nico slept in, Leo made him a wonderful and abundant breakfast. When Nico woke up, the enticing smell that wafted through the room got him jumping out from the extremely comfortable bed. He ran through the hall, down the stairs, through the corridor on the right, across the game room, and finally into the kitchen. By the time he made it, he was out of breath. Leo took in the current state of his boyfriend and laughed.
"Why in Tartarus did dad make so many halls?" Nico wheezed.
"Because he knew you were out of shape," Leo laughed.
"You're so mean to me."
"I made you breakfast. If you wanna continue I could always eat more..."
"No no no! I'm kidding I swear!" Leo laughed at his boyfriend handing him a plate.
The boys ate in peace happily. After they had finished, Leo grabbed Nico's plate and placed it in the sink.
"I'm making dinner tonight," Nico declared.
"Okay."
"I'm gonna need you to leave. I want it to be a surprise. Go for a walk. Maybe you can IM Camp. I don't care. I just want it to be special."
"Anything is special with you, mi amor," Leo replied, kissing Nico's cheek softly. "But fine. Let me get dressed." He leaned in to kiss the younger's cheek, however Nico was to quick and captured the older's lips into a sweet and loving kiss.
Leo wandered back up to his room, throwing on one of Nico's black teeshirts under his soft white work shirt. He rolled up the sleeves, and pulled on a pair of black pants and work boots. He. Walked back into the kitchen, watching Nico raid the fridge for the necessary ingredients.
"Go go, shoo," Nico spoke sweetly when he saw Leo watching him.
"See yah soon Neeks, I love you."
"Love you too. But wait you need a nickname."
"Any ideas?"
"The Boy on Fire? Flaming Cannon Ball? Candle Stick? Marshmallow Roaster? Solar Flare? Leonardo di Vinci? Handy Many? Mr. Repair Man? Fix-It-Felix? Hephy Jr.? Supersized McShizel? Flameo? L? Lee Lee?" Leo laughed.
"How long have you been thinking about this?"
"Months."
"I like L because who doesn't love Death Note, but also Flameo. But I like them all. Your pick Neeks."
"Flameo it is."
"Bye Neeks, love you, see you soon."
"Bye Flameo, love you too."
Leo enjoyed himself as he walked through the terrain. He found a giant rock where he laid basking in the sun. He fell asleep, thinking about Nico and how lucky he was.
When he awoke , it was obvious that hours had passed. He had figured that he would be safe to go home now, standing and stretching. He stopped when he noticed something dark in the sky. It took him. Only a moment to realize that it was pilar of smoke accenting into the sky.
Leo broke into a sprint at the sight.

Hi guys. Sorry for the late update. :/ Not so sorry for the cliffhanger.
Thanks to shealinda, tianne789, MindlessDirectioner28, and angelica40040 for the nicknames! I totally forgot I asked about them... :)
This story is almost done. If you guys actually like my writing I'm planning on posting a new fic in an hour maybe. It's called Across the World (a 5SOS fanfic). You don't have to like or know the band to read the fic. It's primarily based off internet friends. Hope to see you guys there!
OVER 19K READS HOW IN TARTARUS DID WE DO THIS??? HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!! (when I originally wrote this it was autocorrected to bugs... tehehehe)
Bye guys, ily, hope to see you soon!
~Brie
(FYI the picture I attached is my art. What do you guys think?)