Chp 37- Smoke

Stephanie's POV

Smoke.

"Wake up....wake up.....wake up.....wake up!!!" A deep voice shouted whilst I felt my shoulders being shaked.

"Aurgh." I groaned as I opened my eyes slowly and although they willingly opened, I still felt very comfortable with this sleep. Everything was numb and quiet. It felt as though you're floating into the night sky but it doesn't possess any stars or any sort of light you're just numb.

It's like you don't exist or rather you never ever existed to begin with. My view was of that ugly guy with green eyes and what's more shocking was the fact that I saw a police cap on top of someone's head.

"She's up." The one with green eyes..... Michael said with a grunt "I have a guest I've always wanted to talk to and she's upstairs and am not willing to let her go."

"I know." Said a voice.

I blinked a few times before fully opening my eyes and they widened in shock when I saw O'Brien there....my friend's father staring right at me.

"Oh hello." Michael said as he gazed down at me with a smirk and then he forcefully pushed me so that my back touched the bars and I faced both of them.

"Why isn't she fighting?" Asked the cop I thought was on an investigation but he was apparently doing this shit, no wonder he hanged out in kisses club a lot.

"She's heavily drugged." Michael mumbled "I've never thought of raping someone but right now am not so sure."

"I don't care I want her in jail." Officer O'Brien mumbled "Everyone is basically complaining at the station and there's nothing I can ever say that will make them calm they want justice, Am failing in this case."

"And that's the only reason you signed the contract." Michael mumbled "To catch these holigans then bring them to justice but remember cop I still want my prize."

I wanted to move or speak but I felt paralyzed or rather weak and unable to move in any way so I just sat there like a robot without any control installed into me. All I could do is listen.

Where's my family and why aren't they here? Why haven't anything happened? Most importantly what did they do to Lydia....my Lydia?

"I know and I have the cash alright." O'Brien said with anger "I just..."

"Man you're a lame cop." Michael said with amusement "Can't even find Mafias."

"You're one yourself." O'Brien said "As long as my family is safe."

"Dude," Michael said slowly "You do know that as soon as her family find out, they will hunt you down and kill you. Pythons are way larger than you think. I had to be careful when I kidnapped this spoilt hoe, she's literally eating Isaiah's money like a piece of fruit."

"I'II have the cops protect my family so about that price w--"

"Shhh," Michael said then it remained quiet for a few minutes then suddenly he sniffed "I smell smoke...must be my imagination anyway I have a guest like I said. Send one of your boys to send in the cash and remember I get half the credit on helping."

"Definitely, I'II tell the world like promised that you assis--" O'Brien stopped before sniffing then coughing "Dude I smell smoke."

"Must be one of those idiots, go and keep things in order." Michael mumbled as O'Brien nodded and left then the guy turned to look at me "You know Stephanie.... it's funny what the law would do just so they could be popular and cool, that fool was struggling to solve the orphanage case, baby you're taking the blame...all of it." Then he whistled and put his hands in his pockets.

We just sat there. My mind had gone numb and I didn't know what to say or do so I kept quiet then suddenly I smelt smoke and it smelt so strong that I coughed and so did Michael.

"Stupid cop!" He shouted before leaving me alone in there. I coughed until I felt like my lungs are destroying me in the cruelest way and what's worse is that I couldn't cover my mouth because my hands were too tired.

I breathed deeply but it was just more smoke which resulted to more coughs and more painful grunts. Suddenly a cloth was wrapped around my nose and mouth. I looked at the person who did this and saw that is Lydia...she was so beautiful but she had tiny bags under her eyes and her mouth was in a disappointed frown.

"Baby....'' she said slowly, I had to close my eyes and memorize her voice for a minute "Shit you had me worried, fuck Steph I missed you." She said as she blessed my face with kisses.

I just blinked slowly, the cloth helped with the smoke. I wanted to say how much I missed her but I couldn't.

"I bet Michael drugged you, come on...we have no time." She said and what shocked me was that she wasn't coughing or something from that smoke "Oh and am used to fire so..." She trailed before placing her hands under my knees and carrying me bridal style "Shit you feel so small."

She came for me.... I thought with a mental smile. I needed a spa massage after this. I managed to hold her hand and remove the cloth and coughed for a few moments, Lydia tried putting it on my mouth but she had to know.

"L-Lo-love ya." I mumbled making her freeze and I countinusly coughed from the smoke since I removed the cloth. She blinked a few times before placing it on my nose and mouth again. I saw a small smile on her face.

"Shit" she said "we don't have time dear." Then she started walking out of the cell.

And that's when I got a perfect view of the dark black smoke and a blurry view.

******

A/N: Two more chapters to go y'all then book three is outt.