Chp 17- The second in command

Stephanie's POV

The second in command.

Shock...I was just in shock from yesterday but thankfully the school cancelled the game to which I was thankful for. I was practicing a lot for that cheerleader stuff but what shocked me was how Lydia was lesbian and how she was actually fun to be around.

At first she was stiff in the car and her eyes kept on looking somewhere else but I caught them on me more than once but that was ok and fun.

"So this is great!" Lydia said happily as we held the rainbow-y poster with a message attached to it and I nodded as we walked. Ahead of us were gay men in heels and make up but I wasn't complaining or anything, there was a crowd around us that I savored because they were all looking at us with curiosity but we still had haters that we didn't pay attention to. Of course everyone in the group knew me and Lydia was introduced to it.

"My lanta, this heels are killing me." Tristan groaned.

Creak had a small organization of LGBTQ community but that was fun. I knew Tristian who was toned yet lean and Killian who had that boy body but he was dressed like a normal disobedient nigga. Killian was a red haired and Tristian a beautiful white haired, they were my only friends in the LGBTQ community.

"Yeahhh... then take em off." Killian deadpanned and I heared Lydia giggle.

"Boy you sure know how to walk in them, you killed that parade. Sam Smith got nothing on thee." Lydia said sacrasticaly and that caused Tristian to blush but smirk.

"True baby, oh Stephanie we glad your hand is ok."

"Yeah, looks like these killers are serious." Killian said "you barely feel safe."

I still hoped everyone could stop that but I was still grateful they didn't because I hated being invisible, my mother didn't call which shocked me and I kept wondering what is happening back at home.

Of course, Seth was still secretive but my friends called all the time and thank God the police didn't come or look for me. I also noticed a lot about Lydia without realising it, she had freckles when she smiled and she loved biting her lip without noticing, when she smiled, her hair seemed to be complementing her looks. I also noticed she was checking out other girls and that suprisingly annoyed me, I mean I was hotter than them.

"Ehh guys it's cool anyway call me, Lydia and I need to grab a bite." I said ignoring how Lydia looked at me curiously and I loved the fact that she was looking at me.

After a few hours we were in the car and heading for mama takis because I seemed to love that little restaurant. We sat in a both when we arrived and I ordered a egg sandwich while Lydia just ordered the same.

"You don't have to be nervous." I assured.

Lydia bit her lip but nodded before shyly taking her sandwich and I also didn't like how she was care free around Tristian and Killian buy nervous around me.

"So tell me... your favorite colour?'' I asked because it was getting quite and I wanted to talk anyway.

"I like black. You?"

"Mmmh... I like pink."

Lydia raised her brows and I felt like there was a comment so I playfully narrowed my eyes.

"What?"

"Ohhhh... nothing."

''aurgh, Lydia."

"I think I know because your room door is pink."

"You have to be different." I said and was relieved to see her chuckle.

"Yeah, I beg to differ."

We teased each other and I actually noticed how Lydia was pretty chilled. We went home after a few hours and the Shock I got from yesterday deepened when I saw Daniel. I also noticed that the smile Lydia wore disappeared.

He was sitting on the sofa with Kieran and for some reason it hurt when Lydia looked down respectfully.

"My lady. I shall go prepare dinner for our ruler."

Then she left just like that. I looked at Daniel who was nodding approvaly. Daniel was father's second in command, sorta of like a beta in a pack but he was also cruel and emo, he wore dark clothes and his piercing was on his nose but for some reason I knew he came here for a reason.

"Stephanie... how are you?" He asked, voice deep and hard but his smirk made me sick "I just decided to drop by."

"I can see that." I murmured.

"And am proud that the slaves obey." He said "now you my dear can simply gather everyone for dinner."

I simply nodded before looking at Kieran who seemed pissed but that made sense because dominant people were addicted to power and control.

Father's second in command who was a spoiled douchebag and three more dominant people in one room.

This won't end well.

Dad, I hate your second in command.