Danburite

Leave the past behind. Don't look back. Just take that danburite and throw it far away. Far, far away.

Danburite

The next morning, Peregrine and Rose noticed immediately that Savannah was depressed. They roped Scorpius and Albus into figuring out how to cheer her up at breakfast.

“Morning Savannah. We have Defense in a few minutes. Excited to meet my dad?” Albus chirped as he bounced into the seat next to her. Savannah looks up from her porridge and straightens her shoulders, her face hardening.

“I met him last night, after my tutoring lesson.” A few seats down, where a snobby seventh year named Gladys Elliott sits, gives a laugh. She had never been particularly nice to Savannah since her arrival.

“Tutoring? You?” It was obvious that she was being intentionally cruel. By the second day of classes, the rumor mill was spinning at full force with Savannah’s poor performance in every class involving a wand.

“Yes, her, Gladys. Is that a problem with you?” Rose snaps. She had never liked the girl, always wanting to be the center of attention and going through boys like they were cookies.

Gladys sneers, her slightly pointed nose accenting her pretty French looks of auburn hair and brown eyes the colour of chocolate. With her flawless cream skin, she was overly beautiful.

“No, no why would it be?” She says airily.

“If that’s the case, then please keep your opinion to yourself.” Peregrine grumbles. Gladys narrows her eyes.

“At least my opinion is worth more than yours, Kendance.” Peregrine’s eyes fill slightly, aware of her falling grade in Potions and in Charms and her family’s constant disappointment in her. Savannah sits up, turning to look at Gladys full in the face.

“In that case, please tell me your opinion on the latest capture of the death eater Jakeston?” Gladys’ mouth drops slightly.

“I don’t know anything about that.”

“Then what about the new discovery of a possible cure to lycanthropy? Or maybe your views on which Minster for Magic candidate is likely to win next spring?” Gladys blushes slightly under Savannah’s even gaze.

“I don’t know.” Gladys spits. Savannah nods.

“Well, for your highness’s information, Peregrine finds that the capture was sloppy and the death of the muggle bystander could have been prevented had they stunned the death eater from behind instead of approaching with wands out. The new break through is a likely success because it centers on changing the affected cells from wolf to human, instead of simply killing the infected cells, which usually leads to the death of the treated patient. And as for the election, well I find that Ernie Macmillan is a way more sensible answer to society’s problems today than Marietta Edgecombe and Peregrine agrees.” Savannah sweeps a cold and disdainful look over Gladys, taking note of her too short school skirt and the way her shirt is unbuttoned three buttons down. She was a borderline whore.

“Logically, Peregrine’s opinion is worth more than yours, on matters of importance in this day and age. Of course, that is a question of which matters are of consequence, so I shall dissipate that point and move on to the question of who is favoring the person who is giving the opinion. In this matter, it is her friends and family, and those of the Professors who teach her. We care greatly for her opinion and find it highly illuminating and refreshing to speak with her on a daily basis. Whereas your opinion, to me, is not worth much since you can only speak of the newest fashion and what matches what. Highly admirable and useful though the knowledge may be, I care not for them. So, with a great certainty, you are wrong and also interrupting a content breakfast among myself and my friends. Good day.” Savannah finished easily, even giving a slight smile and turning her back on the indignant, furiously blushing girl. Peregrine’s mouth is to the table and Rose is covering her mouth with both hands to keep from laughing. Scorpius is appraising Savannah with new eyes and Albus is still resisting the urge to cover Peregrine’s hand with his own in comfort for the harsh words.