Sugilite

Chapter Twenty-Four: Sugilite

Reconciliation and peace of mind….

Rose grips her wand tightly so it doesn’t waver while straightening her unruly curls as she watches Savannah mope while getting out of bed. Merlin, but she wanted to smack them both. Scorpius was not talking to Savannah once again for some reason. Albus had mentioned that Morgan had something to do with it, but wouldn’t spill about it. And Savannah refused to speak about Morgan, or Scorpius, opting instead to throw herself into her school work. (Not that her grades were complaining.)

It had only been a few days since the idiotic non-talkers began to not talk, and today was finally Saturday. The long awaited Hogsmeade trip. Savannah seemed to perk up at it, though, as she got ready for breakfast. Rose finishes straightening her hair, and they walk with Peregrine to the Great Hall.

Albus and Lionel meet them there, sitting at the table. Scorpius joins them later with a dour expression and saying a polite hello before turning to the side to begin a conversation with a third year Gryffindor.

“Just speak.” Rose hisses at Savannah. She looks up with bewildered eyes.

“I did nothing wrong.”

“Ugh!” Rose spews before stabbing her sausage violently. Lionel smoothes his fingers over hers and kisses the skin below her thumb.

“It will be solved on its own.” He assures her. She pouts but nods.

After a half an hour, Savannah begins to look troubled, holding her stomach and starting to sweat.

“Savannah?” Peregrine asks. She’s sitting next to Albus, smiling happily as he compliments her new hairstyle.

“I don’t feel well.” She groans, hunching over slightly. Peregrine narrows her eyes.

“So you won’t be able to go with me and Albus?” She asks suspiciously. Savannah nods weakly.

“I don’t think so. You guys can still go. I saw you admiring that jade quill at the bookstore and Albus, I know you wanted to see about the new beater bats they had in. So go.” Savannah urges weakly, taking a sip of water and grimacing.

“Sure, sounds like a date. I hope you feel better though.” Albus adds quickly. Peregrine is flushing happily and Albus flashes her a sly glance.

“Awesome. I think that I will head up to the dorm room. Maybe sleep this off.” Savannah replies. Everyone gets up to go, even Scorpius, who mentions that he’ll be heading to the library.

At the doors, Professor Potter stops them, looking a bit puzzled.

“Savannah?”

“Yes Professor?” Savannah says, holding her stomach.

“You have visitors. They claim to be your family.” He tells her. Her eyes furrow deeply and her friends exchange looks of deep confusion. Family?

“Where?”

“They’re waiting right outside and off to the left.” He heads towards the door.

“You guys can come if you want.” Savannah says to her friends. They follow, curious to know what is going on.

“Right there.” Professor Potter points to a group of three people standing under the shadow of the castle wall, surveying the beautiful Hogwarts greenery. Savannah gasps and picks up her speed.

“Marie!” she shouts. The middle figure turns to look and gives a shout of welcome. As the others get closer, they see that she is a slim, middle-aged woman holding the hand of a toddler of about four and next to her is a tall youth, with dark brown hair with bleached tips and worried blue eyes.