Tiger Eyes pt. One

Chapter Twenty: Tiger Eye Part One

Now it truly begins

~~~

It flashed around her menacingly. She stood alone in the middle of…of somewhere. It was dark, so dark that her eyes were useless to her.

“Hello?” She called out desperately. She shrieked as it flashed out at her again; a thing of darkness so dark that she could see the different shades of it despite her blindness, as it lunged past her, the wrongness of it like a knife to the stomach.

“Reveal yourself!” She screams. A haunting laugh echoes around her, deep and mocking with rich amusement at her distress.

“Stop it!” Savannah shrieks as she feels its aura surround her like a coiling snake, the top of it directly over her head, though try as she might, no manner of straining her head back could help her to see it.

The laugh occurs again, this time closer, vibrating from the being surrounding her in many circles. It bounces off itself, making the laughter last longer and causing Savannah’s already racing heart to skip several beats and go into turbo mode. Her palms are slick with sweat and her neck tingles from the hair standing up along the skin.

“Who are you?” She’s growing desperate, moving her hands out as the serpent tightens his coil, the darker than darkness of whatever it’s made of sliding along her exposed skin, causing her to realize that she’s bare, with no clothes in memory.

“Get away from me!” She thrashes as the nauseating feel of what the thing exudes envelopes her very skin, pushing at the boundary of her flesh and threatening to spread through her veins like a deadly poison. The laugh booms out, now insanely loud and delighted with her terror.

Savannah pulls one hand up to her eye level, stopping the top coil from curling about her neck, keeping the other hand below her waist and stopping the mid-coil from crushing her hips together, as it threatened. The aura of wrongness pulsed painfully through her, starting from one side of the serpent and traveling agonizingly through her until touching the other side. Savannah threw her head back and screamed out her pain, thrashing about to escape the painful bind. Her magic wasn’t working!

“Help! Help me!” She cried out desperately, her heart hurting from its exertion, and Savannah knew it would soon explode from fear. There was no doubt of it.

With no warning, the coils loosened, a vague and indistinct voice traveling through the darker than darkness of the creature.

“I’m here” Out of nowhere, a pale hand appeared from the top of the coil. Savannah did not hesitate, jumping with whatever strength was left in her limbs to latch onto the hand, crunching both hands about the slim fingers and strong wrist.

She was hoisted up and over the seemingly frozen creature, landing on what she assumed to be the floor of the regular darkness. A hand touched her cheek, alerting her to the need to open her eyes. A human knelt next to her, obviously female and as naked as she. The face was blurry, though if it was meant to be or merely from Savannah’s exhaustion, she could not discern.

“Be you okay, sir?” The sexless voice spoke once more and Savannah propped herself upon her elbows, looking at her own naked body.

Yet, it was not hers. It wasn’t even in the classification of her. It was, most definitely, male.

“No” Savannah whispered, staring into her savior’s face once more. The face. Why was the face inscrutable? Only the eyes showed. Tiger eyes.

She blinked and drew in a shuddering breath, her heart still recovering. It thumped like a wrung sponge within her chest. It felt as if her very lungs were drying like a drop of water upon a desert stone.

She forced her eyes open. No, not Tiger eyes. Well, yes tiger eyes, but not the creature. No, definitely not the loyal and wild creature. They were of the stone, the gem. Holding many secrets and promising passion and power.

“I’m here” The voice said again, and as it spoke the eyes grew brighter in intensity, burning Savannah in her weakened state. She pushed to her feet, surprised to find sturdy legs and muscled arms where once had been supple limbs, with graceful but strong ligaments.

“I’m here too.” Savannah whirled around, screaming and attempting to run away as the creature spun towards her, coiling about her once more with crushing force. She could see the glowing woman, though no longer female, watching her. Fading into the darkness until only the eyes remained. Savannah pushed against the coils where they pinned her hands to her chest, and it was most assuredly her chest again. She thrashed and screamed as the aura pulsed around and through her, the laughter promising that this torture would continue forever and into eternity.