Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty-Nine

What a prat! How could he say those things to me? I know I’m not the prettiest girl out there but I am nice in my own way. Savannah remarks as she stomps down yet another hallway, this time on the second floor. It’s an hour past curfew and she hasn’t been able to face going back to her common room with no boyfriend. Especially after promising that she would. Maybe she can go ask that Ravenclaw dunce for a date and then not go?

She turns down the next hallway, ignoring the fact that it’s darker than most. Her head is raging too much to also not notice the slightly ajar door or to react instantly when a hand reaches out and pulls her through it.

However, mere seconds after the door shuts firmly behind her and no light appears to show her attacker, Savannah twists around, pulling her wand from her robes and thrusting the body hard against the wall, her free hand holding one of the attacker’s hands above their heads while her other jabs the wand tip into their throat.

“Whoever you are, I suggest you say who you are before you are made into dust.” Savannah growls. Her heart thunders dangerously in her chest, threatening to burst. Her head is running through culprits, cold and full of clarity as she wonders who tried to apprehend her.

“Come now, Savannah. I only pulled you through a door.” Savannah moves her foot slightly, focusing on the candles in the room and causing them to come to life.

Scorpius?”

“The one and only.” The blonde smirks and looks down at her with amusement. She scowls at him and lets go, brushing off her arms.

“What do you want?” She asks rudely. Scorpius’ smile wavers but he steps before her, looking into her face with sincerity.

“Found that bloke yet?” Savannah felt her cheeks bloom with colour and she glares at the floor.

“Of course not.”

“Why not?” She takes a deep breath and looks up into his beautiful brown eyes, the tawny shining with fall gold. She bites her lip and shrugs.

“Because he found me first.” She admits in a small voice. Scorpius swallows and takes a deep breath of his own, telling his heart to calm down. “Doesn’t matter. I’m going to bed.” Savannah loses her courage and starts to the door.

“Hold on a second” Scorpius attempts to stop her, but she keeps walking. She’s grabbed in the same manner as before and before she can register, she’s pushed against the wall, her wrists locked in one of his hands above her head while his legs keep her captive. She squirms but stops as his body brushes her own.

“Scorpius!” She snaps, betraying herself and looking into his eyes again. They shine with amusement and …and nerves? He leans down until his lips are next to her ear.

“I don’t find you disgusting in any shape or form, Savannah.”

“You don’t act like it.” She mutters, uncomfortable with his proximity. He pulls away and looks down at her, his eyes so intense it causes goosebumps to rise on her arms.

“Scorpius?” He blinks and curls one half of his mouth into a smile.

“Do you want to know why I’m so moody? Why I snap and get upset at you for nothing?” He asks. She nods.

“I just assumed that you were on your period.” He frowns.

“I am not that moody.”

“Mmhhm, whatever you say.”

“Savannah, can you just listen?” He asks exasperated. Savannah squirms a bit but settles down. She can feel the tension coming off of him and realizes that this is very serious.