Chapter 28

Author's Note: You all are recieving this update not because of a special occurance or any such thing. It is because the video on the side of this page TORE my heart to tiny little pieces and made me cry until my best friend had to physically tear the laptop from my hands. It's a good video, and not overly heartbreaking, but it's Harry Potter people. Let's be honest, it's a tear-jerker at the best of times. So, if you want to thank anyone, watch this beautiful 'feel'-destroying video and spread it. Holy jesus !@$#%#&^*%^@%$#^@. 

Onto the chapter... Enjoy! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Chapter Twenty-Eight

As Savannah and her friends settle in the library, the group across the room starts to whisper and nudge someone in their midst.

“Okay?” Albus mutters, pulling out his Arithmancy book and getting to work. Scorpius scowls at the seventh year boys, his tawny gaze sharp on their backs.

“Oh stop sneering Scorpius. You’ll get wrinkles.” Rose teases as she leans against Lionel. After she had returned a few days ago, she had been particularly affectionate, even making a permanent hang-out day for her and Hugo, not that the boy was overly excited about the prospect.

“Hardly” The blonde snorts. He looks over to where Savannah sits, her open book lying useless before her as she holds a picture in her hand. He pushes back the hair from her face and lifts her chin.

“You going to smile today?” She gives him a weak attempt and puts away the photo of her parents that Harry had given her a few days ago.

“Maybe, maybe not.” She smirks before tugging his hand away and picking up her quill. Peregrine and Albus smile at each other knowingly before blushing as their eyes lock and Albus remembers what he had been going to say to Peregrine.

“Savannah?” The group looks up as one to see a handsome seventh year, a Ravenclaw, with summer bleached blonde hair and bright blue eyes the colour of aquamarine. He smiles dashingly at her and holds out a poppy flower for her to take.

“Do I know you?” Savannah asks as she hesitantly takes it, smelling it briefly and detecting a love potion. Highly advanced, able to work as a scent instead of consumption. She exhaled before the potion could take effect and conjures an invisible shield to go over the flower to keep the potion in.

“I believe we met once, during Halloween. I’m Gregory Farlow.” Savannah nods politely, pretending to take another sniff of the flower. She lets her eyes flutter and her body to relax against the chair.

“You’re very handsome, do you know that?” She asks in a light and airy voice. Gregory flashes his wide smile again and pulls a chair from another table to sit directly in front of her.

“You’re quite adorable yourself. How about dinner tonight?” He places his hand on her knee.

“It’s the last night before term ends. I’m not sure.” She takes another pretend sniff before smiling lazily. “I would love to.”

“Great, when should I pick you up?” He leans his face closer. Without warning, Savannah leaps to her feet, getting into his startled face.

“When you learn how to ask a girl out without using love potion you knuckle-headed twat! Do you think that I would really not notice? Do you think that I am so stupid?” She asks pleasantly. Gregory gulps; his eyes wide with panic and he frantically shakes his head. She jabs his chest with her finger. “Learn some tact, don’t take advice from your bonehead friends, and maybe stop using so much hair gel, you smell revolting.” She smashes the poppy right into his cheek, spreading the shield so that it encompassed his head, allowing him to get a good whiff, before using her magic to vanish the flower and its dangerous scent. Gregory’s eyes go dopey and he runs to the window where his reflection shows, whispering sweet-nothings to it until his friends pry him away to go to Madame Bones.