Chapter 44

A/N: Seriously, for all of you guys still reading this: Thank You! I do apologize for the wretched delays in posting. I simply could not write another word for this story this past year but I'm feeling the wonderful rush of plot twisting through my veins once more (Yippee!). I hope you will enjoy this chapter, there is definitely more on the way. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Forty-Four

And no longer does he fear him. He had been only five when Lucius had demanded a meeting with his only grandchild in exchange for his confession on one of the many crimes he had committed. Hermione had agreed behind Draco’s back and had taken him, armed with almost half of the Dumbledore’s Army.

His grandfather had torn him to pieces. With his words.  He made Scorpius feel so ashamed for everything he had done and could and couldn’t do. He felt so unworthy of the name Malfoy, felt like he had not the proud blood that his family had always held.

The man had even made him feel ashamed of having a muggle-born for a mother. He had planted the smallest seed of prejudice into his grandson within ten minutes of meeting him.

Yet, when his mother had called his name, and he turned to sneer at her, his young self disgusted with her for beliefs that were not his; she had only smiled sadly and promised to love him, no matter what he thought of her. He had broken out of the trance his grandfather had placed over him, his mother’s inner light too bright to deny.

He understood perfectly how his father had been so messed up. His grandfather was possibly as evil as Voldemort, and then some. Twisted and sick, he only wanted people at his feet and money in his hands.

“You’re…back the…n.” The body before him had finally crippled the proud wizard. His body was covered in a simple nightshirt that extended to his ankles, his legs and arms like thin twigs sticking out of the holes. The shoulders had shrunk and bent, no longer fiercely taut and erect. His neck was maybe as thick as Scorpius’ wrist and his hair had fallen out. The face was sunken until the skin was stretching over the bone of the skull, the teeth rotten and the lips chapped beyond belief. The skin that was showing on the rest of his body was blue and appeared to be covered in moss.

In one word, he was sickening.

In another, it was Justice.

Scorpius finds himself smiling; actually, it was more of the famous Malfoy Smirk. That’s the feeling that was singing through his body, almost echoing in his ears. Justice. Sweet justice for everything this sick man had done, to innocent witches and wizards, to unsuspecting muggles, and most of all, to his— er to Savannah.

“I came to see you finally be put to death.” His lids were half-rotten off, and so his eyes still showed slightly when he blinked.

“You think I will die?”

“I know you will, Lucius.” The body gave a twitch, attempting to show displeasure and anger at his disrespect. Scorpius gathered up his shaking nerves and gave them a firm shake to make them stop freaking out.

“Would you like to know some thoughts of mine, Lucius?” He didn’t wait for his answer.

“My father had your name taken off the family tree and out of the genealogy books. He rewrote our family’s history books and had them republished, revealing all of the Malfoy family’s dirty secrets and the fact that we have quite a few halfbloods and squibs in our family. He even revealed the truth of your marriage to my grandmother, who was meant for another man. In fact, he would have taken my mother’s maiden name and forever abolished the name of Malfoy if not for my mother’s insistence that the name could be remade. They could and did remake it together. Without you.” He pauses and forces his fists to loosen and slid them into his cloak pockets, leaning casually against the wall and looking down at the corpse.