Chapter seventeen: Evaluation time (part three)

Chapter seventeen: Bobby (Iceman)

I walked out of gym class and started heading for my Extra classes with the Professor.

"Eh em." I turned around. Standing in front of me was the witch (not the good kind; the bad kind) herself.

Umbrigde.

"Uh...Hello....miss..." She smiled.

"I was just wondering where Professor Xavier's class is?"

"Oh, you mean the Professor's? I'm heading there now, I could should you."

"Lead the way sir." I started walking again. Rouge gave me a weird look as I passed and I forced a smile while shrugging.

"And your name is?"

"Uh...Bobby. Bobby Drake."

"Well then Mr. Drake, I was just wondering why you happened to call Professor Xavier "the Professor." It is my understanding he is not the only Professor here." I chuckled nervously. Why did we call him that?

"Yea...well...uh..its a habit I guess. He has lots of names, and where we-."

"We?"

"Yea. The X-men. You know, the mutants?" She nodded.

"Mhm, continue."

"Used to go to school, he was the only Professor. And in our world he's known as the professor....so it sorta stuck with us." Umbrigde, while I talked, wrote something down on her clipboard.

"Are we almost there?" I nodded and turned the corner.

"Yep." The Professor's door had a large X on it, which stood for X-men, not Xavier. So don't ask.

The door opened and I walked in, and sat down next to Percy, who I normally sat with as the Professor normally paired us together. Along with Katara, who was a waterbender.

"E-."

"Hello Dolores. I was wondering when you'd come." Professor turned around in his wheelchair, smiling.

"Your here to evaluate me as a teacher. Bobby, thank you for bringing her here."

"No problem Professor." Umbrigde flushed a bright purplish color.

"How did you know? Do you have cameras?!" She hissed. The Professor chuckled.

"Of course not. As you already know, my name is Charles Xavier. I am a mutant, and I have the power to read your mind." Umbrigde scribbled something down fiercely. I thought she was gonna snap the pen.

"So, Professor Xavier-."

"Please, call me Charles."

"I hardly think that's appropriate in front of the children."

"We already know his name." Thalia Grace said from the front of the room. Umbrigde huffed.

"Well then Charles, I don't see how you are too teach all these children with you predicament which is similar to that of Professor Chiron's." I frowned. Professor Chiron didn't have paralyzed legs....unless he was in his wheelchair for her evaluation.

'You are correct....' I looked up at the Professor, who had a small frown on his face.

"You are correct Dolores, however I am not teaching these children alone. Some of them have certain teachers with similar powers which match the students."

"So why don't these children head to their teachers first?"

"Because they don't know where that teacher might be. For example, Mr. and Miss. Grace's teacher is an old student of mine named Storm. They have no idea where Storm may be, much less if Storm is even here today." The Professor turned to look at the two siblings.