Chapter fourteen: She returns

Chapter Fourteen: Peter Parker

(Two months into the school year)

Today, started like every other day. We had breakfast, we learned if there was any chances to the classes (Like today; Athena kids now had classes with Professor X, and Potions was now a classes everyone had to take. Not just the Wizards) or if there was anything new with the school.

But today, was different. Today was the day Hero High (what the students started calling the school; it sounded better than School for heroes) was no longer the best school in the world.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

It all started, with breakfast. I was sitting with Percy and his friends (Annabeth had finally got over my whole spider thing), with Harry and his two friends next to me.

"May I please have your attention for just a moment?" Professor Dumbledore asked. We all fell silent (unlike the first day of school) and turned to look at him.

"There is a new arrangement involving the Ministry of Magic." I frowned.

"The Ministry of what now?" Percy asked.

"The Ministry of Magic. It's the magical world's form of government." Hermione said.

"You know, I think that's the shortest explanation you've ever given Hermione." Hermione glared at me, while Percy and Leo snickered.

"For those of you who do not know what this is, to be put simply, it is the wizardly world's form of government. You will learn about it later in History class." A small, very annoying cough rang through the room. Harry's face paled.

"Bloody hell." He muttered.

"Not her." Ron said. I raised an eyebrow (through they couldn't see through my mask).

"Who?"

"Professor Dumbledore, if I may, shouldn't they have learned this already?" A short, ugly toad-like women walked out from behind him. She was wearing pink. Lots and lots of pink. She also had that very annoying voice and a smile that says "I don't like you but I'm going to pretend like I don't."

"Students, this is Professor Dolores Umbridge from the Ministry of Magic. She has been sent here to-"

"To see if this school fits the Ministry standards and is safe for children such as yourselves."

"Why does it matter if this school fits Ministry standards?" I asked, while what's her face launched into a long speech.

"Not all of us are wizards." Annabeth frowned.

"Most likely they want to shut this place down, or turn it into another Hogwarts. Not that Hogwarts isn't a good school." She added. Hermione shook her head.

"No offense taken, if that's what your wondering. When she was at Hogwarts, the school was horrible. She changed everything, and eventually took over the school."

"Think that's what she gonna do here?" I asked. Harry nodded.

"I cannot tell lies." He muttered bitterly, rubbing his hand.

"First, I will began with checking the rooms. It is my understanding you let the children decorate their own rooms?" Professor Umbridge asked, turning to look at the Headmasters. They nodded.

"We wanted the students to have the freedom of choice. We gave them a day to decorate their owns rooms." Sensei Wu said. Professor Umbrigde pursed her lips.

"We'll see how that goes." The bell rang for the first class.

"Eh em." I nearly groaned out loud. I think I'd rather have a run in with Venom right now. Or be trapped inside Venom. At least then there's a chance of it ending.