Chapter 31 ~ Havi

Chapter 31 ― Havi

“Niall, that was mine!” Liam complained as the blond boy ran away with the slice of pizza still hanging from his lips. I giggled watching Liam standing up to go after Niall, but it was futile, that pizza was lost and Liam should’ve given up on that and looked for something else to eat.

We were in Harry and Louis’ flat and by we I meant all the lads, Joy, Maquita and I. Yes, the black-haired girl was with us after she and Harry went away to talk in private. It was clear that everything was fine between them, Harry’s smile said everything when they came back. I liked to see him like that, so happy. I knew Maquita was a great girl for him and I just hoped she could be strong enough to handle what was going to come.  If they could handle that, they were going to be happy. I knew that if I hadn’t the problem with the fans, my relationship with Louis would be perfect; but as perfection didn’t exist, we had this.

We were celebrating that the contest was practically over, that we had done the hardest part and now we only had the gig. It had been a success so far and Joy and I were happy about what we had accomplished. The show was doing better than ever, Mr Boss was so happy with us, the station was a success and our rakings were higher. The contest with One Direction was the best that had happened to Crash FM and it had been a big change in our lives.

Who could have guessed that we were going to end up hanging out with One Direction? No one.

Who could have imagined that I was going to end up with Louis, a member of the band I didn’t want to see again? Definitely, no one.

Things had changed so much in more than one month and I couldn’t be happier. Some things were harder and I was going to miss my privacy and the quiet life I had before meeting Louis, but what I got instead is far better and I wouldn’t go back to what I had.

Louis had come into my life in an unexpected way, changing so many things, changing me. I wasn’t the same girl he met, I had learnt many things and I saw the world differently, and I knew each day I got stronger.

I looked at the Doncaster boy and I couldn’t help smiling. I had fallen in love with him and I just hoped he would never walk away from my life. I just wanted our relationship to get stronger so no fan could step between us and tear us apart.

Louis felt my gaze and turned to meet my eyes, one of his own smiles displaying on his lips as his eyes looked at me with all the sweetness in this world. Moments like that one were when I could feel myself getting lost in the deep blue of his stare.

“Everything okay?” He asked me in a low tone.

We were next to each other on the sofa with Zayn at the other extreme laughing at Liam who was still trying to catch Niall. Harry and Maquita were on the loveseat and the curly-haired boy was keeping her entertained and helping her join the group. Joy was cheering for Niall.

“Yeah, I was just thinking of how things have changed since we met,” I replied and his look softened.

“I remember you used to be a hater,” he said in a playful tone leaning into me a bit.

“Who says I’m not one anymore?” I played along and he chuckled softly.

“Nah, you can’t hate me. You love me too much for that,” he said slowly getting closer and I had just forgot about the rest of our friends.

“Who says so?” I asked brushing his lips ever so lightly, just to tempt him a bit.

“I say so and you can’t deny it, can you?” His hand placed on my waist pulling me closer to him carefully.