Chapter 3 ~ Havi

Chapter 3 ― Havi 

I didn’t hate them, I just couldn’t stand them; but I couldn’t tell them that, right? Joy, why would you put me in such a terrible position? But I managed that quite well, plus my friend was right, once I met them I didn’t dislike them that much, they were funny and I quite enjoyed their interview. I knew Joy was the one enjoying it the most, from all the looks I got from her when talking to the boys.

Now we were heading to a conference room in the radio station to talk about this contest thing. I couldn’t believe that she had planned all this without telling me a thing and I could bet that she kept it a secret just to piss me off. She did, so I had to give her that, but I was getting over that pretty fast. After meeting the faces you wanted to rip off from every magazine, things changed, your perspective had to change. Plus, it wasn’t exactly their fault that people were obsessive.

“You’re not mad, right?” Joy asked next to me grabbing my hand and entwining our fingers together. We weren’t a couple and we weren’t lesbians. We just had this very close relationship and we didn’t care what people might think of us, plus it was really funny to flirt with each other like we really wanted something else. In front of random people it was priceless, I always loved to see their reactions. How One Direction reacted was incredible. They just burst out laughing, Louis the most, and my belly hurt at the end. I noticed that they did the same between all of them. They even had names for their bromances.

We got to the conference room and everyone took a seat. Joy was next to me, and George next to her; across us there were the boys, Louis right in front of me and I could feel his stare on me. I started to feel pretty anxious immediately. He had something that put me at unease, I didn’t know what it was yet.

“Okay, Joy, explain your idea and if the boys agree, we can start planning everything,” George talked before anyone else could say a word.

“Oh, it’s easy and I really hope you like the idea, lads. It would be lovely,” Joy spoke looking at the boys with her puppy eyes. I could see how Niall was already in just to make her happy. “The idea is to come here twice a week to pick five girls who are going to be answering some question. Then, after four weeks and twenty girls, you can make a little gig here at the station,” she explained without going into details.

I just looked at them wondering if they would like to come to the station so many times during a whole month, after all, they were kind of on a break, maybe they didn’t want to do something like this. I thought the idea was nice and very lovely. Thinking of the fans, they would love something as special and private as that, but I wasn’t sure if they would accept. It was, probably, too much.

We all looked at the lads. George was impassive, Joy hopefully looking at them with her puppy eyes, and I was trying to read their faces. A contest like that one would take us to the next level, it would put us in the stratosphere right away! I wished they would say yes, but it seemed really hard. Harry and Zayn looked unsure, like they didn’t buy the whole idea. Niall seemed okay and I wanted to hug him for that. Liam looked like he wanted to say no but couldn’t because he didn’t want to break our hearts. Louis… I couldn’t read Louis, he kept looking at me, like I was the key holding the answer.

“How would we pick the girls?” Liam asked, still uncertain about the idea.

“You will hear a selection of the best answers, according to us. No more than fifty, and from then you will pick five. This each week. We’ll help you all the time,” Joy answered.

“The two of you?” Louis asked focusing on Joy for a change.

“Mostly Havi,” she said and looked at me with a smile that said sorry, but I just shrugged. I kind of knew that already, after all I was her assistant, that was my job. “She will be with you all the time during the contest and will help you in everything she can. I will be there too, obviously, but not as much ‘cos I have the show.”