Chapter 4 ~ Louis

Chapter 4 ~ Louis

No one talked during the ride to the complex where we all had our flats. Personally I couldn't stop thinking of the idea of the contest though it meant to meet fans and I was still dreading to do that, for some reason this contest in particular seemed so appealing. I told myself it wasn't because of Havi and that we were going to see her a lot, it couldn't be that because I just met her and it didn't matter how nice and cute she seemed, I wasn't interested.

I told myself that, at least.

We decided that we were going to think about it and that meant that we all were going to be at me and Harry’s flat to discuss this thoroughly. I knew that Liam wasn't into the whole idea because it meant a lot of our barely free time would be used, Zayn and Harry weren't sure yet and Niall was in. He loved to do this for our fans. Me– I still didn't know what to do about it. An important part of me wanted to say yes and convince Liam about it, but there was this other part that wanted to avoid all direct contact with the fans. It always had taken me a lot to truly forgive and forget.

I wasn't ready to forgive those fans yet, no matter if I already forgot about Eleanor. The problem was that when we met fans I could never know if they sent hate to my ex girlfriend or not and not knowing always put me in a bad mood. Niall always told me that I should think the best, just assume that the fans we met were the nice ones, the ones that sent love and support to Eleanor. I tried, but I just couldn't be that positive all the time.

George and the driver of the van that day, Richard, left us in the parking of the complex and we said our goodbyes. After we took the lift, the lads and I went right into our flat where we were going to talk about the whole contest thing. I still felt a little weird about it, I just couldn’t make my mind and for some reason, Havi’s face didn’t stop popping in my mind like a movie on replay.

As we made our way into the flat, Niall went straight to the kitchen and Liam and Zayn threw themselves onto the sofa. Harry took seat on the love seat and I sat next to him. We waited for Niall and during the meantime; we were all checking our accounts on our phones. I had, as usual, hundreds of mentions and I wished I could reply to all of them, but I just couldn’t. There were always all kinds of mentions and it was really funny. Sometimes they scared me though. Sometimes I didn’t understand.

Niall got back from the kitchen and taking that as a sign, Liam sat straight and looked at each of us. “I don’t think we should do it. The contest, I mean. It will mean to be attached to this station for a whole month and we all need a break. We should do the less possible things,” he stated his opinion and I knew he was right, that we should avoid all kind of activities and bound ourselves to just those compulsory meetings and interviews we had to do, but that big part of me just wanted to argue.

“It might be fun,” Harry proposed looking at me with a little smile and I just did the same. Even if I didn’t tell him yet, he knew that I was highly in favour of this contest.

“Yeah buddy!” Niall supported and I wanted to hug him but he was too far away –next to Zayn– and I didn’t want to move. “Plus, Joy and Havi seem like really nice girls.”

“I dunno, they seem fun, but I don’t want to be that into a contest. You know? Picking the girls and stuff,” was Zayn’s comment and I was about to throw a cushion at him for being a lazy arse.

I caught myself and I almost let my jaw hit the floor. I wanted the contest. I couldn’t trick myself anymore, it was obvious that I wanted to do that contest. That was why I felt like Harry and Niall were on my side and that we were against Liam and Zayn. The reasons why I wanted that… I wasn’t going to think of that.