Chapter 26 ~ Louis

Chapter 26 ― Louis 

“You okay, Tommo?” Niall asked as we walked down the hall.

I hung up the call and looked at the blond boy next to me. I had just called the Radio Station to leave a message for Havi. I hadn’t talked to her but I had this feeling in my guts that I had to do something. I just felt like she needed a reminder that I was with her no matter what.

“Yeah, mate. Just trying to do something nice,” I replied with a smile and he nodded, but didn’t seem at ease. “Everything okay?”

“I thought you were worried about whatever management has to say. This sudden meeting is kinda weird, don’t you think?” He commented and of course I thought it might have to do with me and my relationship with Havi, I just didn’t want to overthink things. I was sure about being with her and if I had to stand up for what I wanted, I was going to do it.

“Everything’s gonna be fine, mate,” I assured the Irish boy and he smiled genuinely.

Management had set for an extraordinary meeting and I was ninety per cent sure it was about the last interview. The possibilities of them asking me to cut any kind of relationship with Havi were high, but I wasn’t going to let anyone direct my relationship. I was totally sure about that.

We walked into the conference room where the team that was management was already reunited. There were five men and a woman, among them there was George who looked at me immediately.

Yup, this meeting was about my relationship with Havi.

“Boys,” Carl, one of the men in the management group spoke for everyone, addressing all of us who were taking a seat around the large table. “We are very happy with all the attention this contest is bringing to you and you are managing this quite well. Congratulations. And it’s great you are helping this radio station which later might be of a great help to you.”

This was starting great and all my band mates were grinning proud of themselves. This was the first time we were so involved in a contest and the fact that management was pleased with how we were handling it meant a lot for us, but I was sure there was another reason for Carl to start his speech like that. He was giving us the good news first to then dive into the bad ones.

“But we can’t look everything through rose-coloured glasses, can we?” Sonja talked this time, her dark eyes on me. She was a severe woman and very strict with us. “Louis, this applies specially to you as you are the one in the eye of the hurricane right now.”

I knew it.

“What do you mean?” Harry asked for me and I could already feel his support. He even sat straight in his chair to look taller.

“We are talking about this Havi girl you seem so fond of,” John, another member of management, replied for everyone.

“You mean my girlfriend?” I questioned rather defiantly. They look at each other, surely they didn’t know this bit of information and were confirming how it affected their plans.

“Your girlfriend,” Sonja said and you could tell she wasn’t happy with the idea. “Anyways, we think it’s not a good idea for you to be involved with her and you should think of putting some distance between you two. It’s not going to be good for your image and she might be using you just for your–”

“Don’t you dare to say that!” I cut her off. “Havi is not using me and I’m not even gonna consider that.”

“If you keep a relationship with her, you’re gonna lose fans,” Carl reminded me and I could feel my anger growing stronger inside.