Chapter 20 ~ Louis

Chapter 20 ― Louis

“Harreh!” I screamed as I ran into our flat throwing myself to his back and hugging him tight. He almost fell to the floor but he managed to stay on his feet with me on his back.

“Boo-bear, you okay?” He asked concerned and I started to laugh.

Okay? I was beyond okay. I was great. I was fantastic. I was bloody brilliant! I was the happiest person on the planet in that moment.

“I’m perfect,” I replied to my best mate and he laughed with me. “Isn’t this just a perfect world? Everyone should be dancing and singing like in a musical. Life should be a musical, don’t you think, Harry?” I said speaking what I had in the top of my mind.

“I haven’t seen you this happy in a long time. What happened?” He asked with me still on his back.

“Who’s happy?” Niall asked walking out of the kitchen with a slice of pizza in his hands.

“Nialler!” I screamed jumping off Harry’s back and running to the Irish boy. “You delicious person!” I screamed as I hugged him not caring that he just took a bite of the pizza. He hugged me back but I knew he was confused for my antics.

“Why is he so happy?” The blond asked Harry and I was sure the curly-haired boy just shrugged.

“Why wouldn’t I be happy?” I retorted letting go of the shorter boy. “Life is great. Everyone should be happy!”

“What happened in the station, Lou?” Liam asked and I didn’t know in what moment he appeared but I was happy to see him too.

“Did something happen with Havi?” Harry asked and at the mention of her name my smile grew bigger. “Something did happen!”

“I might or might not have told her how I feel,” I trailed off not really paying attention. Soon I felt strong arms around me.

“It was about time!” Exclaimed my best mate hugging me tightly. “And I’m assuming it went well considering how happy you are.”

And after that it came a round of congratulations and explanations from me. I was bloody happy and I felt like sharing that with my best friends. Even Zayn was there –when I walked into the flat he was in the bathroom. They even forgave me for coming late as I explained I was with Havi.

I couldn’t believe that everything was fine between us, that she felt the same way I did and that all this time I was just moping around over something that wasn’t even right. But I didn’t regret anything and most certainly, I didn’t want to think how differently things could have been if I had acted in another way. The past was in the past and the only thing I could care about now was that Havi and I were together, that she felt the same way and she was ready to face whatever came with being with me.

Yes, I still was worried for all the hatred she was going to receive for being with me, because that was going to happen no matter what. At least that we were going to keep this low profile at the beginning was a good thing even though I felt like I could scream at the top of my lungs that we were together.

I knew a thing for sure and it was that I was going to do everything to protect her, even if that meant losing fans. The true fans were going to stay with us no matter who I dated, the true fans were going to be happy for me. Those were the fans I cared about. And I was happy with Havi, when she was in my arms, when we were just one next to each other sharing a simple moment. It felt natural and right to be with her and I felt finally like myself again since I broke up with Eleanor. I could say that I never really moved on from that. I got over her, I got over my feelings for her, but I never got over that break up and what it meant. I felt like I finally stepped out of that black whole and I was ready to live my life again like I wanted.