Chapter 17 ~ Havi

Chapter 17 ― Havi

When Louis got into the room with Harry, I noticed something different in his eyes when he looked at me, a determination that wasn’t there before and he seemed kind of relieved. I didn’t know, nor I couldn’t imagine, what they talked about, but it had made a change in the Doncaster boy.

The afternoon with all the boys had been lovely and during all the time we spent together picking the winners, I wondered what had happened with Louis because every time our eyes met, I felt this electric jolt going up and down my body leaving me all tickling inside. My dinosaurs were crazy during all that time. Yeah, I grew to love my dinosaurs, they were little special beasts and having butterflies was too mainstream.

I loved the moment Joy started to tease him for what he said about carrots and the way he reacted was so cute. He was so embarrassed because we knew the real meaning behind that statement and the other boys couldn’t stop laughing at him. When Joy and I realised what he really meant, we laughed so hard and my friend promised she would never let him hear the end of this, and I believed her. She was going to mock Louis every time she got the opportunity.

“I can’t believe we already have the five winners of the week. It wasn’t that hard,” Liam commented when we all were eating and making small talk. Joy kept sending death glares to Louis because she couldn’t eat a carrot muffin and he stuck her tongue at her all the time.

“Yeah, we’re not gonna realise when this ends,” Harry said taking a sip of his tea and his words hit me.

He was right. It already seemed like we just met the day before but it had been weeks since that day of the interview and probably these weeks ahead were going to fly by too. Soon they were going to walk out of our lives and that meant Louis was no longer going to be part of my days. I wouldn’t have an excuse to see him, to spend time with him and probably that should be good, I should be happy because that way I could forget about him and move on, but my heart ached so much at the thought. Plus, after that dream every time I looked at him I could only think of that moment when he held me in his arms, when everything was perfect, when he was about to kiss me right before my mum decided to ruin everything by waking me up.

When I saw him I wanted to know if my dream could be real and I could hear Joy telling me ‘do something!’ but I couldn’t gather the courage to do it. When I told Joy about my dream she told me it was a sign, that I had to make a move, but I just didn’t know what. And when he looked at me, my brain kind of melted, which didn’t help at all.

“We’re gonna keep hanging out, right?” Niall asked chewing his chocolate muffin. Well, one of the five muffins he bought.

“We have to,” Harry stated seriously and Joy laughed, I looked at Louis and his eyes were on me, a little smirk on his face and there was something in his eyes, a special bright I couldn’t decipher.

”I’m not sure, I don’t want Louis to ruin another vegetable for me,” Joy said in a mock tone and all the boys laughed. Louis blushed, which drove my dinosaurs crazy. “Harry, can I talk to you in private?” Joy asked which surprised not only me, but all the lads.

Confused, Harry nodded and stood up to follow my friend. Before any of us could say something, Liam’s phone rang and he excused himself when he saw the ID of the caller and walked away to talk calmly.

“Zayn, help me bring more food,” Niall asked after he saw a text and my eyes went wide open as the blond took Zayn’s wrist and pulled him away leaving Louis and I alone. What was this? Some kind of plan to leave us alone?

My heart started to beat so fast and I didn’t know what to do, so I looked down and started to play with my cookie, to take off the chocolate chips in a very awkward way and the worst part was that I could feel Louis’ eyes on me.